Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> AC21 - automatic reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic
felcunha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: AC21 - automatic reservation Reply with quote

Hello,
Please can anyone confirm automatic reservation in AC21 is already available ?
I couldn't find if the last service pack has implemented it.

Thanks,

Felipe

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - automatic reservation Reply with quote

I am not aware of any such new feature in AC 21 Teamwork.
The fastest way for me would be to right-click the element you wish to edit (the right-click will both select the element and display the context menu) and activate the "Reserve Element" command of the context menu. Pretty fast way of doing it.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
felcunha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - automatic reservation Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you for your prompt answer !

This function was announced before AC21 launching and AFAIK it's not been activated.
Follows the extract from Help Center :
(https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/collaboration/teamwork/reserving-elements-in-teamwork/overview-of-teamwork-reservation/)
Auto-Reservation of Elements
Note: This feature will be introduced in a later release of ARCHICAD.
•Whenever possible, existing elements are reserved by you automatically after you select them and begin a modification. In case it is not possible – because one or more selected elements are reserved by someone else, or if you must first Receive unsent changes – then a warning will appear telling you what to do.
•The Auto-reserve function is checked by default at Options > Work Environment > Data Safety & Integrity. If Auto-reserve should slow down your work, you will be prompted to uncheck this feature. You can then Reserve elements as needed, by clicking the Reserve button in Teamwork Palette or from context menus.
----
So it seems it's not already ok...

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - automatic reservation Reply with quote

Yes, I checked the Work Environment Dialog and I do not see any such checkbox either.
What is a bit curious to me is why such information is there in the Help files. Why do they talk about a feature that does not exist? Curious.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
felcunha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - automatic reservation Reply with quote

I don't know either... anyway it's written, the function will be introduced in a later release. Which one, it's hard to know...
runxel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AC21 - automatic reservation Reply with quote

laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, I checked the Work Environment Dialog and I do not see any such checkbox either.
What is a bit curious to me is why such information is there in the Help files. Why do they talk about a feature that does not exist? Curious.

Well, it was announced in the beta test, just to be delayed later on.
Now I'm pretty sure I read it in the announcement for build 5002 and wanted to post the link, but... it's gone from the release notes...
Might be the problem Csaba talked about (?).

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> AC21 - automatic reservation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: