Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> ArchiCAD mouse pointer insanely small Windows 10 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Keckelhoff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD mouse pointer insanely small Windows 10 Reply with quote

dkovacs wrote:
Hello everyone,

We have just released the final version of the first update of ARCHICAD 21. The preview update (4004) had part of the solution for this problem, but the final version (4022) has the full solution, so make sure you have that installed!

In most cases installing the update should solve the issue, but sometimes (like in case of Paul King) this fix won't change a thing. In these cases you will have to manually set the cursor size from the Registry. You can find a full description of this issue and the solution in this Article:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=74887

Good Luck!

Hi Daniel,

I am working on ArchiCAD Solo 20 and have the same issue. Do you expect an update for Solo 20 anytime soon? I have tried to change the scale through the registry key. However, I do not have HDPI cursor scaling in my files.

Thanks,
Katrina

dkovacs
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD mouse pointer insanely small Windows 10 Reply with quote

Hey Katrina,

We will release the same fix for ARCHICAD 20 (and 20 Solo as well) in the next update, later this year. The registry key (and the fix) is only available in the updated version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Paul King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD mouse pointer insanely small Windows 10 Reply with quote

Hi all - I have found what seems to be the issue that prevents the HDPI registry setting workaround from surviving past the first system reboot - and a solution:

If present, the motherboard onboard Intel GPU needs to be **fully disabled** in BIOS (set GPU boot priotity to 'PCIE', NOT 'Auto' or 'CPU'), otherwise windows appears to interrogate this GPU during boot, which impacts the default DPI scale factor windows thinks needs to be applied to non DPI aware applications like ArchiCAD, and also seems to prevent windows from responding to the registry HDPI scale factor setting for ArchiCAD - for reasons unknown.

With the Intel GPU disabled, suddenly the ArchiCAD mouse pointer responds to the HDPI registry setting, and looks as it should.

It may be that if my Intel GPU had been connected to another 4K monitor, that the issue would not have arisen as the default DPI scale factor windows calculates during boot up would then have been correct for 4K resolution, but in my case it had been connected to a lower resolution secondary monitor.

The only reason I have been using the onboard Intel GPU at all, was as a way of offloading some demand on my Nvida GPU - I use 4 Nvidia connected GPUs for GPU rendering in Octane Render - every extra bit helps, and it is nice to be able to read my emails and perform other graphically undemanding tasks on the secondary monitor (with no slowdown) while all 4 Nvidia GPUs are 100% dedicated to the rendering.

Until ArchiCAD becomes DPI aware, it seems I need to sacrifice this functionality and/or throttle some GPU rendering performance on one of my Nvida Cards

Hope this helps someone out there

ArchiCAD 8-21
Artlantis Studio 6
Octane Render Plugin for ArchiCAD
Windoze 10
Intel Core i7 4770K
Nvidia Gforce GTX 980 (x2) + GTX780 (x2)
16 Gb DDR3
42" monitor + 32" monitor dual screen display
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> ArchiCAD mouse pointer insanely small Windows 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: