Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Hot linked modules without attributes
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Important (4)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Average: 3.00 points
Total Votes : 2

Pertti Pääsky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Hot linked modules without attributes Reply with quote

In order to reduce the uncontrolled and free flood of attributes, I think it is useful to be able to place hotlinked modules without any attributes. I often want to refer elements of other projects , but I need only the 3d -geometry. No materials, no building materials etc. There could be an option in the modules dialog box that prevents the free traffic of attributes, thank You.
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hot linked modules without attributes Reply with quote

As a workaround, you could open your module, purge all unused attributes and then delete all remaining attributes and replace them with the standard empty fill, white paint surface, some generic building material. Though once you start messing with the building materials, your 3D geometry might not be correct anymore.

Things like composites and complex profiles will copy along too and these will contain building materials too.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Pertti Pääsky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot linked modules without attributes Reply with quote

I think it is a matter of organizing the program so that attributes are not automatically included in hot links. These are my wishes after all.
If You want to compare other disciplines' design when You get every week new updates, You understand the need.

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot linked modules without attributes Reply with quote

Not argueing the need, trying to give you something you might do until such time the wish would be implented (if done at all) Smile

I do think it will be very complex due to building materials and how they include a fill and a surface. So copying any complex profile / composite potentially means adding the fill and surface along with the complex profile / composite to your attributes. Line types too, but I don't think they are customised that much.

I've also solved some of these issues by making our default template have more attributes that we typically use in projects, so more unity among projects where we can safely copy things around.

If you are comparing things, maybe hotlink both models to a new file, to keep your master file clean?

Again, just offering work-arounds that might work in the meantime.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Pertti Pääsky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot linked modules without attributes Reply with quote

Erwin thank's for Your kind answers. I think that having clean and dirty files is a good solution for time being.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Hot linked modules without attributes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: