Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> 2dl files have zero byte file size
View previous topic :: View next topic
emerich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: 2dl files have zero byte file size Reply with quote

Hi all,
We are trying to save out our Sun Studies to the 2dl fire format for further merging and editing however all 2dl files turn out to have a 0 byte file size. We've also tried saving single frames from the sound study dialog box and directly from the 3D window but all files are 0 bytes.
I've worked with 2dl files before without any issue but this issue is new to me. Any suggestion or insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

www.standard-practice.ca

AC20 6005 USA Full
MacBook Pro
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Since AC 4.55
Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2dl files have zero byte file size Reply with quote

Ensure your 3D display is using the vectorial engine, not open gl

AC20 6005 AUS Full & AC 21 4022 NZE Full | Win 10 Pro 64 | Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 16 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 8Mb
emerich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2dl files have zero byte file size Reply with quote

We have done that - as the option to save to 2dl format is not available when in OpenGL mode.

www.standard-practice.ca

AC20 6005 USA Full
MacBook Pro
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Since AC 4.55
emerich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2dl files have zero byte file size Reply with quote

It seems that if you are saving out 'Polygons' as opposed to 'None' or 'Edges' , choosing the 'Framed' option creates an invalid [0 bytes] file. A seemingly small but annoying glitch. The problem is not there if you select 'Frameless'
I wonder if this is on the Mac side only.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.42.23 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.49 KB
 Viewed:  12 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.42.23 PM.png

www.standard-practice.ca

AC20 6005 USA Full
MacBook Pro
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Since AC 4.55
dkovacs
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2dl files have zero byte file size Reply with quote

Hi emerich,

This is a known issue that appeared in ARCHICAD 20. The fix for it has already been released in ARCHICAD 21 (in the released version), and in the latest update of ARCHICAD 20 (build 7001). Please make sure that you have the latest version installed, and give it another go. If you are still experiencing the issue after the update, let us know, and send us your file as well.

Best of Luck,

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> 2dl files have zero byte file size All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: