Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> INFO BOX Problems!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dennis Lee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: INFO BOX Problems! Reply with quote

I finally couldn't stand the lag in working with ArchiCAD, and started to test out what made it so slow. Most of the issue is the slow response in selecting, de-selecting (ESC key), which forces me to pause and wait for the selection / de-selection to finish prior to issuing the other commands.

I found that when I turn off the INFO BOX, everything is so much faster and instant. Every time I select a different element made from a different tool, the info box struggles to refresh, changing into the info box setting specific for that selection. I'd like to just turn it off, but as you know, the INFO BOX is so critical I'm not sure that's a viable solution.

One easy way to experiment, select a bunch of different objects, wait for it to get selected (turns blue), then hit the escape key once. Try this with the info box on and info box off.

I would like to know, is this behavior only for me? Do other users out there experience this slowness?

Intel Core i7-4790 32GB Windows 10 x64
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Since ArchiCAD 9
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: INFO BOX Problems! Reply with quote

Dennis Lee wrote:

One easy way to experiment, select a bunch of different objects, wait for it to get selected (turns blue), then hit the escape key once. Try this with the info box on and info box off.

I would like to know, is this behavior only for me? Do other users out there experience this slowness?

It might just be you.
I have instant selection and deselection no matter how many elements I try with.
No waiting at all.

Things I would try.
Make sure you have the latest Archicad update - 5010 has just been released.
Make sure you have the latest video card drivers.
Try using the 'Standard' Work Environment.
Close the 'Renovation' palette if it is open to see if that makes any difference.
Turn of any trace reference if you have one active.

Barry.

Dennis Lee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: INFO BOX Problems! Reply with quote

Thank you Barry for your feedback. I did a complete uninstall of everything ArchiCAD and reinstalled everything again, seems to be working normal now. Maybe I had too much leftover bits from past versions, etc.

Regards,

Dennis.

Intel Core i7-4790 32GB Windows 10 x64
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Since ArchiCAD 9
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: INFO BOX Problems! Reply with quote

Many different Archicads should not have been the problem.
I have 14 different versions/builds/national versions installed with no apparent issues.

Just reinstalling or updating that version should have fixed the problem I think.
But I am glad you have it working though.

Barry.

archicad_versions.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.92 KB
 Viewed:  7 Time(s)

archicad_versions.jpg

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> INFO BOX Problems! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: