Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Rotate tool
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Important (4)
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.20 points
Total Votes : 5

Mauhaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Rotate tool Reply with quote

I wish the rotate tool could lock to any plane by hovering and activating for instance with the shift key. When modelling morphs as a part of making special furniture I always find it a bit annoying, that I have to use the right-click menu and travel downwards the menu to find editing plane > pick plane, -and still the rotate tool doesn't always respect the plane and sometimes it aligns to a seemingly random geometry-face, irrelevant to the rotate command I wish to execute.
Maybe there is a one-click or shortcut to this operation?
If there isn't I would really wish for this feature in a future version of AC.

Best wishes
Thomas

AC21 INT Denmark
www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Mauhaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rotate tool Reply with quote

OK, got it now.
I found out, that if you hold and click with the rotate tool activated, you're able to define any reference angle. Maybe I should just read the whole tool feed back help-line Wink

AC21 INT Denmark
www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Rotate tool All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: