Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Log in problem
View previous topic :: View next topic
Stuart Atkinson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Log in problem Reply with quote

I have a somewhat annoying problem.
I log in.
Browse to a post i haven't read and read it.
Click on the 'ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index' to return to the main page and find that i am now logged out.
ie...it says 'log in' at the top right and if i go to any topic i cannot do all the things you can when logged in (post a reply etc).
But at the bottom of the screen where it lists who is on line i am still listed as being 'logged in'.
So i log in again. Now all the posts i haven't read are marked as read (ie no flashing new post symbols).
Which is not very helpful.
If i then go and view another post, then click forum index i get logged out again.

Any ideas what is going on?.

Cheers
Stuart.
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Log in problem Reply with quote

Stuart Atkinson wrote:
I log in.
Click on the 'ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index' to return to the main page and find that i am now logged out.
ie...it says 'log in' at the top right and if i go to any topic i cannot do all the things you can when logged in (post a reply etc).
But at the bottom of the screen where it lists who is on line i am still listed as being 'logged in'.
So i log in again. Now all the posts i haven't read are marked as read (ie no flashing new post symbols).
Which is not very helpful.
If i then go and view another post, then click forum index i get logged out again.

Any ideas what is going on?.

Cheers
Stuart.

I thought this was just me - I'm getting exactly the same thing.

I now use the JUMP TO ... forum at the bottom right and just look in each forum.
This way I don't get logged out and can still see the new posts.

Are others having this problem?

Barry.

Stuart Atkinson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Log in problem Reply with quote

Still having the same problem, and after this message is posted and i log off, whoever maintains the forum is going to have to log me out proper, as i will still appear as one of the registered users who is on line.

Cheerio
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Log in problem Reply with quote

Stuart Atkinson wrote:
Still having the same problem, and after this message is posted and i log off, whoever maintains the forum is going to have to log me out proper, as i will still appear as one of the registered users who is on line.

Cheerio

Hi Stu,
I'm still having the same problem of getting logged out when ever I change subjects in the forum.
I have exactly the same type (phpBB) forum running at work and have no problems with it (as you well know).

Is anyone else having this problem Question
Maybe no-one else reads this part of the forum Crying or Very sad

The reason you look like you are still an active member (bottom of forum) when you log out is because this list the users active in the last 5 minutes.
Leave it a while and click on the forum index link there (without logging in again) and the forum will refresh and you name will drop off the list.

Baz.
Cool

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Log in problem Reply with quote

Stuart Atkinson wrote:
I log in.
ie...it says 'log in' at the top ............

All seems to have been fixed now.
I can go back to the forum index without getting logged off.
Stuart tells me his forum is working fine too - in fact that's how I found out it was working.

Thanks to whoever fixed it Very Happy

Barry.
Cool

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Log in problem All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: