Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Forum search won't do wildcards - how to see most recent?
View previous topic :: View next topic
RobertNichols

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Forum search won't do wildcards - how to see most recent? Reply with quote

I used to visit this list and search on a wildcard for authors and thus get a look at the most recent posts (because I sorted chrono descending).

Wildcard use appears to be broken, or rather deliberately disabled.

How do others check the most recent activity on the Forum..

(I realize I'm probably posting in the wrong Forum area - going for the most eyes).

Thanks,

Robert

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum search won't do wildcards - how to see most recent Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Do the two links at the bottom right of the index page do what you want? Or, are you trying to restrict to certain authors?

(I agree, the wildcards were a good thing; it is a shame that performance problems required their removal.)

Karl

view-posts.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.66 KB
 Viewed:  4671 Time(s)

view-posts.gif

RobertNichols

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum search won't do wildcards - how to see most recent Reply with quote

Karl -

As I believe you suspected, I was not aware of those links. Are they new(ish)?

Anyway, thanks a million for pointing out the obvious.

That said, while those links search in the way I was seeking, I prefer viewing search results displayed by topic. And what is with the goofy split screen you get when viewing a list searched in this way?

Using the search interface with the wildcards gave me a simple list view - the usual forum interface.

Karl - another thing. I'm hoping you can weigh in on my other question about auto-placing library parts.

Thanks for helping out.

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Forum search won't do wildcards - how to see most recent Reply with quote

RobertNichols wrote:
As I believe you suspected, I was not aware of those links. Are they new(ish)?

(Discretely so nobody will hear: no... been there all along.)

Quote:
And what is with the goofy split screen you get when viewing a list searched in this way?

I think this is meant as an aid to browser, but I, too, find it annoying. The split is stretchable. I stretch it all the way to the bottom so all I see is the list of results. Then on Windows/IE, I shift-click a link to bring up the thread in a new, full window for reading (keeping the search window to work from). On Mac, of course, you can open a new tab in Safari similarly.

Quote:
Karl - another thing. I'm hoping you can weigh in on my other question about auto-placing library parts.

Will take a look ... had been ignoring that thread since I thought it had been answered a few weeks ago. Sorry.

Karl

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Forum search won't do wildcards - how to see most recent? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: