Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> The model as a base for cost calculations
View previous topic :: View next topic
eldhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: The model as a base for cost calculations Reply with quote

Do we have knowledge regarding databeses and exporting tables from ArchiCAD. I know how to use the SQL-dialog for simple outputs of data, but I want to export these tables into a database. Then I can use Access to work with this data and simulate different outcomes depending on the input I do. Does it make sense to you?

/Johan

...struggling with this language called english.
rory

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The model as a base for cost calculations Reply with quote

There is a developer page where the ODBC link tool is available on the Graphisoft site, this comes with a sample Access database linked to all the tables in a sample archicad file.
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/productivity_tools/developing_for_archicad/licence.html, this link to the developer agreement is all I can find just now, fill this in and you should be able to download the information.
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The model as a base for cost calculations Reply with quote

rory wrote:
There is a developer page where the ODBC link tool is available on the Graphisoft site, this comes with a sample Access database linked to all the tables in a sample archicad file.
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/productivity_tools/developing_for_archicad/licence.html, this link to the developer agreement is all I can find just now, fill this in and you should be able to download the information.

Right, Rory. It's still there once the agreement is signed and a login is established:
http://develop.graphisoft.com/api/getapi/

I don't see an update for 8.1, but was reasonably successful when testing this with 8.0 when the ODBC driver first came out.

Karl

eldhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The model as a base for cost calculations Reply with quote

Is there a developer forum?
StuartJames

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: The model as a base for cost calculations Reply with quote

eldhead wrote:
Is there a developer forum?

Yes - but its about as lively as a tortoise rave party in the arctic, wintertime. Still if you have any Q's there's no barrier to posting - and getting to know which other people may have signed secret agreements and know the GS handshake Mr. Green

Check out the developers forum after the agreement page on the GS website...

- Stuart

www.MadeToMeasureGDL.com !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger    
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The model as a base for cost calculations Reply with quote

Thought I'd cross-reference a post from another thread here - I mention the ODBC driver at the tail end:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4003#4003

Cheers,
Karl

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> The model as a base for cost calculations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: