Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Converting Fonts to Autocad Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Converting Fonts to Autocad Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks for all of that hard work, Ferenc! The workaround is unfortunate, so hopefully GS will fix this in a forthcoming release.

A stupid question ... are you saying that it is not possible to do the translation without a DWG template file created in AutoCAD to define the AutoCAD text styles properly? If so, can you suggest a workaround if one does not have a copy of AutoCAD and the AutoCAD people that one communicates with are at too elementary of a level to create the template file? (I.e., is there an ArchiCAD-only solution?)

Thanks, and Happy New Year,
Karl

Ferenc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Converting Fonts to Autocad Reply with quote

Well, I don't know how to define text styles from within ArchiCAD. But I have a feeling that a partner who wants your AutoCAD files can create a template for you. Or an ArchiCAD buddy who has at least an AutoCAD LT. In a pinch an ArchiPUB buddy can help win wink nudge nudge...

Meanwhile I need to do another test with this new XREF publishing of the layout. Maybe if you publish the "ugly layout with xrefs, then saving the individual pmk's as dwg over with the proper translator, it should work.

But I believe it is an oversight in the layoutbook publisher.
Oh well...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger    
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Converting Fonts to Autocad All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: