Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Installation / New User / Getting Started >>> ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION
View previous topic :: View next topic
thomas1406

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION Reply with quote

Hi,
i'm french and can't install archicad 9.
It's always the same error :
"Java runtime is timeout or not corectly installed.
Update your system with javaruntime
Reboot and try again"
I do everything like this and never arrive to install it.
What is the problem please?
Thank.
Thomas
Matthew Lohden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION Reply with quote

Please provide some information about your system, hardware, etc. It is difficult to respond without more particulars.

MacPro 8core 32GB Radeon 5870
OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, XP32, Win 7x64
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Ralph Wessel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION Reply with quote

thomas1406 wrote:
Hi,
i'm french and can't install archicad 9.
It's always the same error :
"Java runtime is timeout or not corectly installed.
Update your system with javaruntime
Reboot and try again"
I do everything like this and never arrive to install it.
What is the problem please?
Thank.
Thomas

The ArchiCAD installer requires a Java virtual machine (or runtime environment) to work. I haven't checked, but I believe a Java installer is included on the CD. If not, you can download and install one directly from Sun: point your browser to http://www.sun.com and click on the 'Get Java Here' button.

Ralph.

shevencko7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION Reply with quote

Yes i'm having the same problem with archicad, as soon as the installation window pops up it starts to search if the system is suitable for archicad to be installed, it searches for java runtime a certain version of java. The archicad CD comes with Java software in the CD, yet installing that version of Java didn't help me much. I even went on the website to check for an update or download the current virsion, i did.. and that didn't help.

I need help
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION Reply with quote

I had an experience whereas, as time passed, I installed Java updates and then I realized I have several Java version on my computer, as seen in the Add and Remove Programs Dialog of the Control Panel.
What I did is I uninstalled all Java versions, restarted the machine, then installed the latest version (downloadable from www.java.com, I think) and then it was fine.

60 GB OCZ SSD + 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD
Win7-64 Home Premium ENG
AC13-AC18 (64-bit, latest build)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Installation / New User / Getting Started >>> ERROR FOR JAVA RUNTIME AT INSTALLATION All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: