Task message VS text message
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
ArchiCAD-Talk >>> Teamwork / BIM Server

#11: Re: Task message VS text message Author: Karl OttensteinLocation: Bozeman, Montana USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Steven Dumont wrote:
It seems now though that even when I send a message through the normal channels (click send message in the teamwork palette), it will pop up on the team members screen for a few seconds, as well as show up in the teamwork palette. This is normal? Is the duplicity supposed to happen?

Yes / normal. The cool pop-up (fades in and stays translucent on Mac at least) is an 'attention getter' (and stays put if high priority). The message center in the TW palette is the permanent archive of all messages - you can read, archive, delete, respond with the buttons there. It is often the case that so many messages come at once that you may notice the pop-up, but still need to go through your TW inbox.

The element messages are similar, but happen when you request someone else's reserved elements or assign elements to someone else.

Karl

#12: Re: Task message VS text message Author: Steven DumontLocation: Vermont, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Got it Karl, thanks.

#13: Re: Task message VS text message Author: laszlonagyLocation: Budapest, Hungary PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 am

The following checkbox of the Work Environment Dialog controls whether these messages appear for you or not.
If it is turned off, they will not appear on screen, only in the Message panel of the Teamwork Palette. Not even the ones with high priority will appear in that case.
But it looks to me like it becomes effective only after I restart ArchiCAD. When I unchecked it I still the messages on the screen. After I closed and restarted ArchiCAD, it worked fine. That may not be the way it is supposed to work.

WorkEnvironment-ShowNewTeamworkMessages.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.4 KB
 Viewed:  445 Time(s)

WorkEnvironment-ShowNewTeamworkMessages.png

ArchiCAD-Talk -> Teamwork / BIM Server

Output generated using printer-friendly topic mod.