Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.87 points
Total Votes : 23

#1: Scheduling labels Author: Matthew LohdenLocation: SF Bay Area, CA USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:19 pm

There has been a discussion going on here about how useful it would be to be able to schedule labels.

To my surprise I could find nothing about this here in the wish list.

Some pertinent entries:

Geoff Briggs wrote:
Another benefit of scheduling labels is the ability to run calculations within the label object. Since the IS cannot (currently) do anything with the values it spits out (other than summing columns) calcs could be performed in the label script then reported in the IS.

vfrontiers wrote:
3. I am still pushing for the ability to schedule LABEL OBJECTS... I see this [still, for the past 5years] as an IDEAL way to provide more "buckets" for information to stuffed into the BIM file. If GS can see the benefit of scheduling object components, then please don't leave out LABELS.

Of course there is also the long standing wish to schedule the labels that appear on a layout as this would make keynoting much more feasible.

#2: Re: Scheduling labels Author: phubbellLocation: Louisville Colorado PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 pm

With a little down time on my hands, I started getting interested in doing keynotes to standardize my construction documents. I thought the best way would be to work directly in ArchiCAD using schedules. I could make a label object and have the schedule read it. Then I'd have the ability to make required changes within ArchiCAD without using Excel.

If a label is just a special condition of an object, why can't the schedule find them? For that matter, why hasn't graphisoft provided a keynote tool with interactive schedules to manage them? This would have been an easy and useful thing to add to AC14 which really needs more new features.

#3: Re: Scheduling labels Author: JaseBeeLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:33 am

For me this wish would be closely coupled with being able to schedule elements placed directly into sections/elevation/details ect. I would use this feature mostly as an auditing tool, as we don't typically do keynoting, to keep labels wording and details consistent across drawings and through project changes.

The benefits of scheduling labels would be severely limited if it couldn't include the labels placed outside the floor plan.

#4: Re: Scheduling labels Author: gpowlessLocation: Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Cadimage Keynotes

Nothing compares. You can manage your keynotes & update at will.

ArchiCAD-Talk -> Documentation Wishes

Output generated using printer-friendly topic mod.