AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

ArchiCAD-Talk >>> Working in ARCHICAD

#1: AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker Author: alemandaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:58 pm

in AC21, Isn't possible to edit the stairs previously created with stairmaker?
Beside the new stair tool (which is great!) ... why hasn't stairmaker kept for a couple of versions yet to edit moved project from Ac20 to the new versions?

#2: Re: AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker Author: Barry KellyLocation: Perth, Western Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:55 am

The old stairs are now just objects and can still be edited by selecting and opening the settings dialogue.
From memory all the old settings are there.

Barry.

#3: Re: AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker Author: benjamin_chanLocation: Sydney PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:38 am

Unless I'm missing something, it seems that you can only edit the graphic attributes of a stair object created in v20, but not edit the stairs' structure (i.e. tread dimensions, riser dimensions, etc.)

#4: Re: AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker Author: alemandaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:25 am

Exactly.
I moved a project from Ac19 to 21 to use the new cinerender features and I Noted that theres no chance to edit the structure of stairs but only the graphics.

#5: Re: AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker Author: Barry KellyLocation: Perth, Western Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 am

I see - everything seems to be there except for the "Edit Stair" button where all the sizes are set.
I don't see any way around this.
Apart from cosmetic changes if you need to remodel the stair then it will need to be re-done with the new tool.

In the reference guide in the migration section it says that old stairs will be converted to objects with "limited GDL parameters".

Barry.

#6: Re: AC21 - stairs previously created with Stairmaker Author: alemandaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:48 am

I wasn't expecting stairmaker still there (effortlessly) to edit already modded stairs

ArchiCAD-Talk -> Working in ARCHICAD

Output generated using printer-friendly topic mod.