Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> ARCHICAD+ >>> !Restored: Success = getting new customers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Laura Yanoviak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

jocontreras wrote:
A sugestion for graphisoft: Buy & distribute on release 11 Door & window builder & archistair from cadimage & Cigraph.

These are the two add-ons that our firm has determined are necessary for AC to function as a "complete package" -- all the others are icing on the cake...

Rakela Raul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

i would say that archiforma and now revision manager are also required
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger   
TomWaltz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

Quote:
i would say that archiforma and now revision manager are also required

Quote:
Door & window builder & archistair from cadimage & Cigraph.

Quote:
These are the two add-ons that our firm has determined are necessary for AC to function as a "complete package" -- all the others are icing on the cake....

I have to disagree, I've lived long and prosper without using any of the above (though I am looking at Revision Manager a little).

The only purchased add-on I've consistantly used is the Smart Part Doors & Windows, just because I found them simpler and better behaved than the GS ones, but with AC10 I've even changed that stance...

Laura Yanoviak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

TomWaltz wrote:
I have to disagree, I've lived long and prosper without using any of the above (though I am looking at Revision Manager a little).

You're also a GDL Guru and full-time BIM Manager, which helps considerably. Very Happy

Rakela Raul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

im pretty sure that peter devlin doesnt need these either..but
but for the ordinary like me: archiforma is a must at least

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger   
TomWaltz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

Rakela Raul wrote:
im pretty sure that peter devlin doesnt need these either..but
but for the ordinary like me: archiforma is a must at least

I've always wondered: Where in the process is ArchiForma useful? It seems like a neat product but I could never figure out where in the design process or the project lifecycle it really fit in.

TomWaltz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

Laura Yanoviak wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:

You're also a GDL Guru and full-time BIM Manager, which helps considerably. Very Happy

I hate buying 30+ copies of add-ons then installing and authorizing them individually.... that helps even more.

At least D&WB is an object kit that's really easy to install.

Laura Yanoviak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

TomWaltz wrote:
I hate buying 30+ copies of add-ons then installing and authorizing them individually.... that helps even more.

At least D&WB is an object kit that's really easy to install.

No kidding -- we're currently at 30 seats, and I hope to keep the add-ons to a minimum. My GDL is getting there, but it'll be a while before I'm up to your speed...

Rakela Raul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Where in the process is ArchiForma useful?
\
and again..this is just me:

for example i had situation whe i had a curved wall with arched windows and TRIMS,
trims required to have a double curve...(curve wall plus the wdw arch) ...
and with archiforma was relatively / decently easier.....of course with the help of Dan D and Peter D

TomWaltz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD10 vs Revit!! Reply with quote

Rakela Raul wrote:
Quote:
Where in the process is ArchiForma useful?
\
and again..this is just me:

for example i had situation whe i had a curved wall with arched windows and TRIMS,
trims required to have a double curve...(curve wall plus the wdw arch) ...
and with archiforma was relatively / decently easier.....of course with the help of Dan D and Peter D

Once that object is made is it parametic? Or is it just that ArchiForma lets you make something more complicated that the basic Archicad tools could not?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> ARCHICAD+ >>> !Restored: Success = getting new customers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: