Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Presentation - Rendering and Multimedia >>> Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
View previous topic :: View next topic
rwallis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: !Restored: AC 2 MXM Reply with quote

Quote:
import the mxs file that maxwell plugin creates when rendering or exporting to the studio

where do I find the mxs file?
if not
what format for exporting to studio?

h: ml, 15" macbookpro 2.6, 8GB
Daniel Hruby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: using Maxwell Materials in archicad10? Reply with quote

[quote="flamingjawa"]
Quote:
I would say yes. If you don't use any other 3d app to import your geometry, add more triangles and bring back into the archicad, then displacements like grass is quite impossible task and I would say most useless. Some different type of displaced materials might work, like stone walls etc.

1. Try using the mesh tool but set the subdivision of the mesh so that you get a dense grid of polygons. Each square should be about 6" or so. Then you can turn off adaptive and set to 128 or 64. The key is to provide many polygons for displacement to take affect.

2. You must use a high bit depth image for Displacement Maps. Try opening your displacement image in Photoshop and change it to 16 or 32 bit. Run a light blur filter to smooth the image into the new bit depth and save.

Maxwell 3.1
Modo 801
adeel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

Burginger wrote:
Taking a standard example model - the NHS Building - (supplied on the GS web site)

do you still have this model from GS? I'd like to mess around with it in Maxwell Render and compare my results with yours, but I can't seem to find it on their site anywhere.

thanks

macmiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

Have some simple questions that I hope someone who uses Maxwell Render plug-in can help me with.

On the PhotoRendering Settings/Maxwell Rendering Engine/Maxwell Environment/Physical Sky

There is a Latitude and Longitude field. It allows numbers in 99.99 format. How would I enter a longitude/latitude off Google Earth for example:
Latitude: 1253'46.79"N Longitude: 10054'10.81"E

How is the GMT field used? If the timezone that the location being rendered for example is Singapore, GMT + 8, what should be entered here? +8?

racon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

[quote="Daniel Hruby"]Another view, w/ differnt multi light settings. This is an awesome feature of Maxwell. Fading lights in near realttime to balance the perfect scene lighting.[/quote]

I have installed demo of maxwell render as a plug-in to Archicad 12.
and it has dialogue box with maxwell render options, as well as that
allow me to generate. but the problem is nothings in the file. and the
message says it hasn't got the emitters. what does that mean and
how can i solve that problem?
Daniel Hruby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

Have you tried opening the file in the Studio application? Do that to check and see that you have some geometry. You also need to go into the Materials in Archicad and set them up with Maxwell properties. Just change the preview engine to Maxwell and you can then set some basic values for your materials (including emitters for lights) or you can link directly to very good maxwell materials that you can download from the Maxwell materials site. MXM Gallery

It sounds like you just need to keep playing around with the render settings until you get it working. If you want to post an MXS file, I can look at it for you.

Maxwell 3.1
Modo 801
racon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

[quote="Daniel Hruby"]Have you tried opening the file in the Studio application? Do that to check and see that you have some geometry. You also need to go into the Materials in Archicad and set them up with Maxwell properties. Just change the preview engine to Maxwell and you can then set some basic values for your materials (including emitters for lights) or you can link directly to very good maxwell materials that you can download from the Maxwell materials site. [url=http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/]MXM Gallery[/url]

It sounds like you just need to keep playing around with the render settings until you get it working. If you want to post an MXS file, I can look at it for you.[/quote]

test01.mxs.zip
 Description:
I tried that but still not doing anything.
I'm wondering whether I am following the procedure right. I just followed from the manual downloaded from maxwellrender web site. By the way do you have to create sun light to get exterior rendering working?

Download
 Filename:  test01.mxs.zip
 Filesize:  2.41 KB
 Downloaded:  877 Time(s)

Daniel Hruby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

It did open fine in studio. I saw 4 walls. You should not need to add a light if you have the Physical Sky option checked in the Photo Rendering settings in Archicad Choose also to use archicad sun position and sunlight. If you want to add electrical lights to your scene, you can do so by using the archicad lamp objects. make sure to check the Export Lights option in the Photo Rendering settings window before rendering.
Maxwell 3.1
Modo 801
racon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator Reply with quote

thanks for your advise.
i tried to see what was the problem with the program and played around with that for a while and realised that from your comment i have not installed studio.
i just installed the plug-in. so i downloaded studio and tried, it is up and running. thank.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Presentation - Rendering and Multimedia >>> Maxwell Render - The Light Simulator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42

Jump to: