Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Forum Glitches Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dave Jochum
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

All kinds of problems today--I couldn't log in for an hour or so. Finally got on, clicked View Posts Since Last Log In (24 hrs. ago or so) and it came up empty. So I clicked View Posts in Last 24 hrs. and 5 pages came up. But when I clicked the second page, it returned a message that no posts met my criteria. Question Weird...

Anyway, this is the first time I've used the View Posts in Last * Days button. The split screen arrangement and the funky listing of posts was not very user friendly.

Very strange all around.

MBP 15" (mid-2012)+27" 4K monitor•16GB•SSD•OS X 10.12.6•AC 21 (latest build)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

Has been doing that and more for me for two or three days now. Everything had been working again (after some GS cookie problems), but now on my main computer, I can't view my inbox, 'posts since last visit', and when I do posts in the last 24 hours, I can see the first page, but clicking on the other pages or the 'next' link give a 'no posts found' message.

Sigh.

So, walking over to a different computer every time I need to access the forum now... which makes it sound like a cookie or security issue, but I haven't been able to figure out what changed.

Karl
GSHQfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

Dear Users,

In the past few weeks, many of you have experienced problems in connection with the login action and the access of Private Message folder. After some investigation, we successfully localized the problem, which relates to the cookie handling of the Forum. Therefore, we changed the cookie management method, which may cause a problem for some of you when you log into the forum.
Phenomenon: The system asks for the user name and password, it accepts the data, but the user cannot log in.
Solution: Delete the ?ArchiCAD-Talk? cookie form your cookie folder. You can do this from the Internet browser
Windows:
Opera: File menu>Preferences>Privacy>Manage cookies Mozilla Firebird: Tools>Options>Privacy>Cookies>Stored Cookies

Macintosh:
Safari: Safari menu>Preferences?>Security>Show Cookies Internet Explorer: Explorer menu>Preferences?>Receiving files>Cookies

Or, by deleting the appropriate file from the cookie folder.
Windows:
Internet Explorer: The location of cookie directory: Documents and Settings\User name\Cookies\

Regards,
Peter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website SKYPE ID Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
James Murray
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

This is getting annoying...

Since deleting the cookies, I am back to being spontaneously logged out after not very long, or whenever I load the index page via bookmark.

I just posted as guest without meaning to (obviously), as I was logged out between loading the thread and clicking 'post reply'.

Why is anonymous posting even permitted? It should prompt you to log in when you try to post.

As I recall, there was a setting for 'stay logged in'. Now I can't find it. Help?

GSHQfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

Dear Murray,

If you are logged in into the forum, all visited URL contains a long ID number beginning vith "sid" which identify you. If you use a custom link which doesn't contain this SID information, the system can't identify you >> it requests new autentication (log in action.)

Regards,
Peter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website SKYPE ID Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

GSHQFAdmin wrote:
If you are logged in into the forum, all visited URL contains a long ID number beginning vith "sid" which identify you. If you use a custom link which doesn't contain this SID information, the system can't identify you >> it requests new autentication (log in action.)

Hi Peter,

This actually causes its own set of problems as Jim and I are finding.

People post links to other posts in their messages ... for example, to wishlist polls. With the new SID thing, if we click on those links, the page that comes up does not consider us to be logged on and we cannot vote or reply. The workaround is to copy the current sid stuff from a logged in window and paste it at the end of the URL (possibly replacing the sid stuff there) for a non-logged in window and load that revised URL. Awkward, but works.

Regards,
Karl

~/archiben

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

i've noticed this and have been deleting everything from sid.......... onwards from my link so that people can connect to the link without my sign-in ID . . . does this prevent people from then responding to that link without first signing in?

how should i reference other links in this case?

~/archiben

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

~/archiben wrote:
i've noticed this and have been deleting everything from sid.......... onwards from my link so that people can connect to the link without my sign-in ID . . . does this prevent people from then responding to that link without first signing in?

how should i reference other links in this case?

~/archiben

What you're doing seems to be the best we can do now, Ben ... but when I click on one of your links, it brings up the message, but with me not logged on. I then paste my SID information on the end of the address bar, hit enter, and get the page displayed (again), but this time with me logged on so that I can respond.

I think that when one is logged on, the PHP software automatically adjusts all "real" (non-message) links to include the SID suffix for that session ... it would seem that if there is an easy way for Peter to have the software do that to all forum links inside of messages as well, then we'd be home free. Question

Karl
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

Peter,

Is there some kind of session time-out on the SID? I was composing a message this morning, did not lose my internet connect and did not log off the forum, but when I clicked 'Preview', I had to log on again.

Thanks,
Karl
~/archiben

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Glitches Reply with quote

peter

i can no longer "post reply" to a topic that i have linked to from notification e-mails, etc. i get redirected back to the index after logging in, and all further attempts to "post reply" from that topic results in the same re-direct.

i have to "quote", and then delete if i don't want to use a quote, in order to post a response . . .

~/archiben

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Forum Glitches All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: