Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Annotation Wishes >>> Story Marker Object Location
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Important (4)
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.86 points
Total Votes : 7

Hobbesnb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Story Marker Object Location Reply with quote

Does anyone know where the Built in Story Marker object is located in the AC library (V.11)?

I'd like to make the story markers reference a Reference Level (sea level for example), rather than the project zero. There is currently no option to do this.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-19.0
Windows 10/Mac OSX El Capitan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Link

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Story Marker Object Location Reply with quote

I am not sure where it is, but I wish you the best of luck. I also hope you wouldn't mind posting back and uoploading your object to the depository once it's done.

It amazes me that GS hasn't included this simple option in the built-in story marker. I have asked for it before and am still campaigning for it!

Good luck!

Cheers,
Link.

Boost your ARCHICAD skill with your very own ARCHICAD Expert! ArchiBOOST!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Rod Jurich
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Story Marker Object Location Reply with quote

Hobbesnb wrote:
Does anyone know where the Built in Story Marker object is located in the AC library (V.11)?/..

First you have to add to your WE a menu item - "Open Object by Subtype".

Then you can select to open as such and edit the marker you choose.
You will not be able to overwrite the default, you will have to save as, with new name.

When setting the default maker to use, you will find an odd thing happening.

If you wish to change markers, you first have to select " No maker "
then select the marker of choice in order to have your default parameters
selected as set when you save the marker.

Clear as mud Wink

Picture 4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.21 KB
 Viewed:  735 Time(s)

Picture 4.png

TracyGA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Story Marker Object Location Reply with quote

If you haven't found an answer to this yet, I just figured something out as I too have been trying to do this for years. In my Reference Levels, I made an "Elevation 100" which I set to the 0 point. Then I could change my Project Zero to 100. Once you've done this, you can set your elevation and section markers to reference the Elevation 100 level instead of Project Zero and then they will correctly notate your elevations in relation to 100 rather than 0.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Annotation Wishes >>> Story Marker Object Location All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: