Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Cad Managerment, Templates and Quality Control Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
npacella

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cad Managerment, Templates and Quality Control Reply with quote

Thank you Neil. I would love to be able to see, in practice, some of the things you mentioned. Like using composite walls to preset various attributes. I need to seriously edit our line and fill types and develop a new 'start plan.

It is unfortunate that we no longer have the Archicad user groups in our area. A lot of these type of issues were discussed and resolved through the shared knowledge & experience of the group. Sometimes, a member would do a presentation on something they had developed for their office or a management method that worked for them. Perhaps I can convince our rep to have a webinar user group once a month as a replacement.

Norwalk, CT 06850
Acad 14, 3004 USA Full on an IMac Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 OS 10.6.7
neil Kaiser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cad Managerment, Templates and Quality Control Reply with quote

Hi Nick,
I've attached a section of our process manual which sets out the 'theory and practise' of drawing walls in Archicad which takes into account change management. One of the things I've found once this process is in place is that even if the technician gets it wrong it is relatively easy to find and address as you can manipulate and assess variations in the walls via schedules before doing any visual checks.
You also need to understand that the general policy in our teams is that all things are drawn with default settings within the elements (line, fill and pen weights ). Individual setting of elements attributes is discouraged as you can't change the whole project at once if twenty settings are in used. Our cad process becomes mandated at project file level rather than by the CAD manager. The team then just draws with the defaults and they are automatically in sync. Most CAD systems are this way but ours works best when the basics are ' dummy proofed' within the template.

Cheers.

05038WCCWallTypePage21.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  05038WCCWallTypePage21.pdf
 Filesize:  35.64 KB
 Downloaded:  1879 Time(s)

Auckland
New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Cad Managerment, Templates and Quality Control All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: