Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Posts from the last * days
View previous topic :: View next topic
GSHQfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Posts from the last * days Reply with quote

Dear ArchiCAD-Talk Users!

Perhaps you also noticed that the view posts from the last * days function became extremely slow in the past months. Due to the increased database size, it displayed the results only after 15-20 sec. This was quite annoying and made this function almost unusable.

So, I completely rewrote this function from its base (it doesn't use the forum search function anymore) and added the custom history function to it.

Please check it!

Best Regards,
Peter

history.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.47 KB
 Viewed:  4786 Time(s)

history.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website SKYPE ID Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Posts from the last * days Reply with quote

GSHQFAdmin wrote:
Perhaps you also noticed that the view posts from the last * days function became extremely slow in the past months. Due to the increased database size, it displayed the results only after 15-20 sec. This was quite annoying and made this function almost unusable.

So, I completely rewrote this function from its base (it doesn't use the forum search function anymore) and added the custom history function to it.

Wow!! Peter, that is really fast now! Well done! We should vote to have you rewrite ArchiCAD to bring us a similar speed-up! Smile

Thanks!!
Karl

Olivier Dentan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Posts from the last * days Reply with quote

What a difference !!!
Thank you Peter.

May i add a remark about new registered users,
who never post anythig on the forum,
and whose only purpose seems to show us their commercial website,
for Italian charms.
It looks like publicity for products that have nothing to do on this forum.
The last example is the new registered user named "Regovek".

They are a lot these last days.
I think it is not easy to delete their suscriptions,
but at least, i want to point this fact.
Olivier Dentan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Posts from the last * days Reply with quote

Sorry,

Regovek is the location,
the user name is Corola.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Posts from the last * days All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: