Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Annotation Wishes >>> Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Important (4)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Not needed (1)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Average: 2.75 points
Total Votes : 12

chinosch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

Hi there,

why the marker size can only go down to 0.5, while the text can be as small as 0.1? when dimensioning details can be very out of scale!

Thanks.
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

Who uses/can read .1 text?

Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2
AC18
Onuma System
XP Pro SP3

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling" July 2012
Stephen Dolbee
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

For microfilm? Very Happy
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

And, what would one do with a 0.5 size marker? From your other thread, I realize you are trying to place markers on layout sheets. Don't.

Cheers,
Karl

chinosch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

guys,
pardon my ignorance as im new to archicad...and already loving it...so u say that i dont need to change the sizes of text and markers if i change from a 1:100 drawing to a 1:2?...should it "auto scale" on the sheet? pls help!
chinosch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

PS: i mean if i do it on the model instead of the sheet
chinosch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

here an example...i set the dimensions on the drawing and on the sheet it shows like this...1:20(text size 0.5 and marker 0.5) is fine, but 1:5(text 0.1 and marker 0.5) the markers look too big...im probably doing it the wrong way...help?

Picture 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.43 KB
 Viewed:  1057 Time(s)

Picture 1.png

David Maudlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

chinosch:

The most direct way is to set the drawing scale to the output scale before placing "paper" elements (text, dimensions, etc). In your example, you should have 2 layer combinations to handle the differing scales (and level of detail) between the two sections. As a minimum, there would be one layer for the 1:20 text & dimensions, another for the 1:5 text and dimensions, the appropriate layer visible with the correct drawing. You could have additional layers to show and hide details between the two views. This applies to sections/details as well as different plan scales, etc.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

AC18 USA+MEP MacPro 2.66GHz Xeon Quad Core | 6 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.4GHz | 4 gb ram OSX10.9.5
Laura Yanoviak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

David Maudlin wrote:
As a minimum, there would be one layer for the 1:20 text & dimensions, another for the 1:5 text and dimensions, the appropriate layer visible with the correct drawing.

Just to clarify: you can have a single layer, shared between the two Views, that will display the dimensions correctly (i.e. the same size text and markers) at different scales.

AC15 US (4056) AC16 US (4010) AC17 US (5019) on Mac OS X 10.8.4
chinosch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Dimension marker size should be as small as text size Reply with quote

Guys,

thanks for the replies and tried all options u gave me, but still hvng same problem...the current scale of the project is 1:100, and i place the drawings on the sheet at 1:100, then on the drawing selection settings of each window i change the scales to 1:20 and 1:5. but the sizes of the dimensions looks different as shown on the attached image...graphically speaking i want them to look the same size, even that the scales of their drawings are different.

Picture 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.15 KB
 Viewed:  1047 Time(s)

Picture 2.png

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Annotation Wishes >>> Dimension marker size should be as small as text size All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: