Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Labels Schedule Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
ejrolon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

Another reading finishes from the objects.
Floor pattern legend was using the Surface Legend Object but in 20 it can be done as a regular Schedule since we have previews.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
strom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

OK thanks Eduardo we will look into this to see if it is suitable for our use in the next week.
Baby Boon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

ejrolon wrote:
Another reading finishes from the objects.
Floor pattern legend was using the Surface Legend Object but in 20 it can be done as a regular Schedule since we have previews.

Hi ejrolon, can you share how you use keynote to generate the note?
I'm currently re-working our company template (since 1Cool and try to utilised the surface lable tool to generate finishes legend.

Been looking for how to schedule label eventually end up in here.

Thanks

Archicad 18, 19
Windows 7
dcerezo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

It would be really cool if you could do a video tutorial on how you did that Eduardo, but nevertheless, thank you so much for this info.

I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet, but I'll keep trying.

JaseBee

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

Hi Talkers,

I've been wondering how to do this for a while too, just came across this thread.

Kristian G, the trick you proposed is interesting, not sure what version you got it to work on but in AC19 I can only get it to work if I have no criteria in the schedules selection, which doesn't make it particularly useful.

But it does highlight that scheduling labels is doable, I switched over to a text object a while ago for most noting on plans as it can display across stories, be scripted to have minor alterations to widths, positions and detail across scales, be controlled with MVO's and be SCHEDULED!

Unfortunately you can't link it to anything *coughs* Labels *coughs, and the schedules don't find instances of the note in elevations, sections, details ect.

It just makes sense for auditing, I have a whole bunch of schedules setup to help me identify & correct errors in object and element parameters, would love to be able to do it with text and labels too!

Hope they get it to us soon, or someone more skilled than I figures out an add-on to bridge the gap... Smile
Karl Griffith

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

Since starting with ArchiCAD about a year ago, a coordinated material keynoting and quantity take of system has been one of my goals. But as pointed out many times in this thread, it is more easily conceived than accomplished.

I think Eduardo’s approach with building materials is the right way to go, though labeling gets complicated with composites and complex profiles (building materials can be identified, but it is a list with a single leader to the composite or CP). Also, you may not want to quantify/list all the building materials used – e.g., where used for an assembly, such as a roof hatch, you may want to identify it as ‘roof hatch’, not ‘steel’, etc. But I think that is manageable (if complex).

But there are also annotations that one wants on the drawings that are not necessarily associated with specific building elements – general notes, instructions, etc. Being able to schedule such is – it seems to me – a logical and necessary extension of BIM i.e, including the information as an organized part of the model file, rather than completely unassociated, applied text.

Since such information is not directly related to building elements, it seems it would not be contained by placed elements, but rather contained in the file like the Project Information data. Then of course, one needs to be able to schedule Project Information, and access the data via labels. Still, a logical extension of BIM...

Karl Griffith

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

As an experiment, I tried using the Change Tool for drawing notes. I think it works…

Change ID = Note #
Change Name = Note text
For the cloud, one would like an arrow or dot as in the leader options, but those options aren’t available here (as it is intended to be some form of cloud). With the right settings, you can more or less achieve a dot (a tiny polygonal cloud with solid foreground).

For the marker head, one can select appropriate geometry. We usually use an octagon for removal notes and a square for drawing notes – works fine.

The Marker text will be <CHANGEID>.

The Change Manager works well for viewing and selecting notes for editing. It also nicely identifies which views the notes are associated with. One can also add fields if desired.

Legends to list the note numbers with their corresponding notes can be created via a Project Index. By assigning note numbers with letters to categorize the type of note, one can sort notes by type – say GN-XX for General Notes; RN-XX for Removal Notes; DN-XX for Drawing Notes, etc.

I haven’t tried it on a project, but combined with Building Material identification as previously noted, it appears this will work for us. I would assume it makes the Change Tool unworkable for its intended purpose though. But it would seem that a Note Tool could be created on the same basis?

Karl Griffith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

Continuing to experiment with this on a small project. So far, so good. I have discovered that I can use the library object revision list to list my keynotes for each drawing, and it will show only the keynotes used on that layout.

Obviously, I can't use the Change tool for changes, but we generally don't have that many re-issues, so we don't track changes in that much detail.

It seems to be that a real keynoting tool would be very doable in ArchiCAD...

alemanda
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Labels Schedule Reply with quote

Karl Griffith wrote:
Since starting with ArchiCAD about a year ago, a coordinated material keynoting and quantity take of system has been one of my goals. But as pointed out many times in this thread, it is more easily conceived than accomplished....

Actually I found a way to have a consistent one-click keynote/specification/boq system right out of the box.

I experimented it in AC19. I used the IFC properties to add the keynotes number and text for specification. And I used the IFC data mapping for quantity take off purpose. In this way the documentation comes out directly from archicad.
The result is that each element I draw has a keynote mumber, a text for specification, a quantity and unit for take off. All in a consistant way. I used masterformat system but very system can be used, even a custom one.

I will publish my method later because I'm not in front of PC now.

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Labels Schedule All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: