Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> TW2 Education + Univ licenses Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
ejrolon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

Will TW2 and BIM Server be available for EDU and University users?
AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

Here is the answer from GS:

TW2 and BIM Server will be available for EDU and University users and these are the basic restrictions:

ArchiCAD 13 EDU (Educational) version
An ArchiCAD file created in the Educational license can be opened by a full (commercial) license of ArchiCAD, which will then switch to Educational mode as long as the Education-license file is in use. The same applies to Education-version projects shared in Teamwork: if you join such a project using a commercial version of ArchiCAD, that version will switch to Educational mode. Projects shared by the full (commercial) version cannot be joined by team members using Educational licenses. The file extensions of ArchiCAD files created in the Educational license are identical to those of files created in the Commercial license (i.e., PLN for a "solo project" and PLA for a "solo project archive"). However, if you print a file created in the Educational license, each printed/plotted page will display a watermark text.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
ejrolon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

Thanks Lazlo,

now to figure out how to implement it at school.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Braza
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

ejrolon wrote:

Hey! This is a great ground to be covered by TW2!

Imagine: Students and professors sharing their projects... anytime... anywhere... Very Happy

The bad side: no more excuses like "Sorry professor... The dog ate my project..." Laughing

I7/6Gb R/512Mb V-Vista64-AC12#2675
ArchiCAD Warehouse
ArchiTruques
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

ejrolon wrote:
Thanks Lazlo,

What Karl and I did testing could easily be adapted for your students.

Have them each set up a BIMserver (which includes the BIMserver manager) on their computer and a test file for others to log into. They would also create profiles for the other students giving them persmission to log in. They can create twlink files and email them to the other students. One tip, the first time you download the AClibrary can take a while. What we did was make a small test library so its download was only a few minutes. When we tested, the library did need to be in .lcf file format; it didn't load .pla formats when we tested. I haven't had a chance to test this in R1.

You can make a game out of it collectively creating a small project. One person, perhaps you creating and sharing a project. They would start by putting in walls or a floor or some other building element. Each successive student could then add to the design. Should be an interesting building. Wink

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

Erika Epstein wrote:
When we tested, the library did need to be in .lcf file format; it didn't load .pla formats when we tested.

To clarify, you can upload a pla library to the server. In the "Manage BIM Server Libraries" dialog, where you do the uploading (or removal), the Upload dialog lets you choose either 'Library Container File' (lcf) or "ArchiCAD Archive Project" (pla) from a drop-down filter. Personally, I don't know why the filter is necessary - I think lcf and pla files should always be selectable. I missed this drop-down filter when Erika and I were testing.

And, of course, you can upload a folder that contains individual objects (or a hierarchy of them).

Cheers,
Karl

Sam Ballard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

I have a file in the educational version, and have tried to open it in Archicad 13 while running the file in the educational version....and I get this same message over and over. What am I doing wrong?

These are my steps...

Have the educational file open
Go to the finder window, right click the file, and open in Archicad 13
Error Message

AND I've also tried....

Have the educational file open
Go to the finder window and open the Archicad 13 application
Browse for the project (the educational version one)
Click open...
Error Message

Picture 1.png
 Description:
This is the Error Message....
 Filesize:  32 KB
 Viewed:  764 Time(s)

Picture 1.png

ejrolon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

The error is that both AC have to be running in either Education mode or Commercial Mode. Before trying to link to the Edu File (if you have a Commercial Version) you will have to open an Edu file on AC so that it changes to Educational.
AC21US -> AC08
Sam Ballard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

Thanks for the response - but I'm still confused ha. We have Archicad 12 educational - and now have Archicad 13, and I'd like to open my Archicad 12 educational files in Archicad 13. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks for any input!
ejrolon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TW2 Education + Univ licenses Reply with quote

You cannot convert Educational files to Commercial Files. If you have AC12 Educational files you can open them in AC13 but that will switch your AC to Educational until you quit the program, any files opened and saved while your AC is in Educational mode will change to educational and you cannot change them back.

If I understand the error, the problem is that you have a Commercial version of AC connecting to a TW file that is Educational.

AC21US -> AC08
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> TW2 Education + Univ licenses All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: