Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Steven Dumont
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

I'm trying to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork. I can reserve layers by clicking on the reserve button below, and I understand that reserves all the layers, but the Update button under layer combinations is grayed out no matter what I do.

Help?!?!

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

AC21, latest hotfix, USA Full
tranthainguyen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Is it the same like in AC 12 that is only team leader can change it ? Smile
cheers

Imac 27" Core i7 2.8ghz l 4Gb Ram
MacPro 2011
AC 18 & 19 AUS
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Steven Dumont wrote:
I'm trying to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork. I can reserve layers by clicking on the reserve button below, and I understand that reserves all the layers, but the Update button under layer combinations is grayed out no matter what I do.

Help?!?!

You probably created your user account as an "Architect" rather than "Lead Architect", assuming that you used the default user Roles and did not create a new Role.

In the defaults, only the Lead Architect has the ability to modify combos. An architect can create new layers and combos in those defaults, but not delete or modify. See attached screenshot reached from your BIM Server manager > Roles group Settings or Create buttons.

Hope that's it, anyway.

Cheers,
Karl

Roles.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.53 KB
 Viewed:  644 Time(s)

Roles.png

Steven Dumont
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

I believe I found it. You have to be team architect in the BIM server to be able to change layer combinations. You have to have the BIM server administrator change your settings, then force you to leave, then resign into the project.

Last edited by Steven Dumont on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steven Dumont
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Karl Ottenstein wrote:
You probably created your user account as an "Architect" rather than "Lead Architect", assuming that you used the default user Roles and did not create a new Role.

You beat me by a minute Karl!!!!!!!!

Steven Dumont
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Thanks! This also fixes my other problem.... same issue.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29785&highlight=

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Good news on both counts! Smile

Of course you can create custom roles, also, or customize the ones that are there - such as giving Architects the ability to delete/modify layers and combos (but not, e.g., draftsmen).

I do not know (want to test?) if you are signed in under the Architect role and an admin adds a new ability (such as delete/modify), if that ability is immediately available to the signed-in user, or if they have to do a send/receive or something...

Karl

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Karl Ottenstein wrote:
Good news on both counts! Smile

Of course you can create custom roles, also, or customize the ones that are there - such as giving Architects the ability to delete/modify layers and combos (but not, e.g., draftsmen).

I do not know (want to test?) if you are signed in under the Architect role and an admin adds a new ability (such as delete/modify), if that ability is immediately available to the signed-in user, or if they have to do a send/receive or something...

Karl

I think if there is a change in the Role the User has to Leave the Project, then Join again. Only then will the Role changes take effect.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
Steven Dumont
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

laszlonagy wrote:
I think if there is a change in the Role the User has to Leave the Project, then Join again. Only then will the Role changes take effect.

Yes, I can confirm that.

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? Reply with quote

Thanks. Too bad it is not dynamic.

Cheers,
Karl

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork?? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: