Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> Changing where BIM Libraries are found
View previous topic :: View next topic
Millard Brooking
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Changing where BIM Libraries are found Reply with quote

Is there a way to change the default Library folder in the BIM Server Preferences? I seems to be editable, but I cannot change the text in this field. Also there is not a browse button for this. Is the only way to change this location to re-install the server? Seems like an oversight to me!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) 
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing where BIM Libraries are found Reply with quote

You should be able to change the location on the preferences tab of the BIM Server Manager.

Do you have the rights to make changes here?

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing where BIM Libraries are found Reply with quote

I think Millard is talking about the field shown in the below image.
Yes, it is not editable, but I don't know why.

BIMServer_DefaultLibraryFolder.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.55 KB
 Viewed:  503 Time(s)

BIMServer_DefaultLibraryFolder.png

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing where BIM Libraries are found Reply with quote

I cannot help but wonder why Graphisoft did not provide a user control in the dialog for relocating the library, but I found a workaround that saves you from having to reinstall the BS.

Shut down your BS.

Open the file TeamworkServer.config.xml in the folder Applications (or Program Files) > Graphisoft > BIM Server > TeamworkServer > Config

Change the library path as located in the attached screenshot.

Restart your BS.

I tested this by creating the new folder Libraries_test and verifying that when I started the BS, this was the folder used ... and that no libraries were found in that location. I uploaded a library, and it went there.

I then deleted the contents of that folder, and moved all of my old-location library content (being sure to include everything - especially the attachments.db file) into the new folder, and BS and ArchiCAD found everything.

This has not been approved by Graphisoft - but as far as I can tell, it gives you a means of moving your libraries to a different location pretty easily.

Karl

Change lib location.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.51 KB
 Viewed:  525 Time(s)

Change lib location.png

Millard Brooking
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing where BIM Libraries are found Reply with quote

Thanks Karl. Great workaround!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) 
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> Changing where BIM Libraries are found All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: