Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thomas Holm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 Reply with quote

Djordje,

something is wrong with the Archiguide (was last night, too).

If I for example click on the Problem Type 3D/imaging I get the exact same file list as if I click DWG/DXF. An extremely long and unhelpful result list. And some topics don't belong in either Problem Type, such as Scroll problems on the Mac with Logitech mice.

Other types exhibit a similar behaviour.

Maybe these problems should be sorted out before advertising the new Archiguide.

Ben Odonnell
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 Reply with quote

I really do hope they sort it soon. It is quiet frustrating searching for things in there at the moment..
Djordje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 Reply with quote

Ben Odonnell wrote:
I really do hope they sort it soon. It is quiet frustrating searching for things in there at the moment..

No such time for server problems as the weekend, right? Wink

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... currently 20 Win7Pro
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Ben Odonnell
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 Reply with quote

Djordje wrote:
Ben Odonnell wrote:
The tutorial that Thomas posted is to date the only work around

Not a work around. That is a method.

If you missed the announcement in Tips&Tricks - the ArchiGuide is revamped as of today, take a look!

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/

Method/work around.
Very fine line I belive. Until you can import them directly I belive it to be a work around. Why? Well if you can convert polymesh faces why not take it to the next level and make it possible to import solids?

stefan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 Reply with quote

To interpret solids, you need a license for the ACIS-kernel, which might not be what Graphisoft want's to invest in, certainly when the kernel is not used in the Core of ArchiCAD. I think it is rather expensive to support it only for file transfer.

Maybe some other file-conversion utitility might be a good inbetween step.

I guess it will never be possible.

Solution? Have a license of AutoCAD for conversion purposes Wink or one of the competing products that might cost less.

ArchiCAD Since 6.o - http://bit.ly/17u87df
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Importing Autocad Solids into AC 8.0r3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: