Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Open ARCHICAD Wishes >>> Global variable for section/elevation orientation
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Important (4)
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Average (3)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.59 points
Total Votes : 17

Pertti Pääsky

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Global variable for section/elevation orientation Reply with quote

It would be handy to program objects to turn according to the section/elevation orientation . Flat trees and people would show their fascades then. In 3d wiew perspective window you can orientate with GLOB_TARGPOS_x,y,z and GLOB_EYEPOS_x,y,z global variables already.
Thank You GS.
Braza
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Global variable for section/elevation orientation Reply with quote

Hi Pertti,

I agree. A new set of globals for sections/elevation is much needed. Your orientation global is a good example.
From my scripting experience, and related to section/elevation globals, I would also like to have an object global that would tell if the object is cut by a section or not.
As an object become complex, sections can get slow to regen, specially with lots of instances. With this global, only the cut objects would display in detail.

I7/6Gb R/512Mb V-Vista64-AC12#2675
ArchiCAD Warehouse
ArchiTruques
Pertti Pääsky

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Global variable for section/elevation orientation Reply with quote

Cut recognising is a useful idea, for example cut windows could show much more information than those in the background.

ONE MORE IDEA:
section/elevation windows should have movable hotspots which adjust the boundaries of s/e:s . Especially section top and bottom boundaries which are now adjustable but only in the dialogue box and by characters, could be handy to adjust "on site".
ztaskai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Global variable for section/elevation orientation Reply with quote

I like this idea a lot. There are serious efficiency drawbacks which made it impossible for Graphisoft to implement earlier. We'll keep that in the top section of the (GDL related) wish list and we'll see what's possible.

Regs,

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Peter Clark

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Global variable for section/elevation orientation Reply with quote

Has this been implemented yet in AC14/15? Using 2d planar trees that face the correct way in elevation would be incredibly useful, and really help speed up the automatic placement of entourage to 'decorate' the drawings.

The online basic library documentation for AC15 appears to show that there are no new features introduced this year, so I'm hoping it just hasn't been updated yet. Wink

Fingers crossed!

JGoode

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Global variable for section/elevation orientation Reply with quote

Is this possible from ArchiCAD 19 onwards? In particular the ability to program objects to turn according to the section/elevation orientation?

Thanks
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Open ARCHICAD Wishes >>> Global variable for section/elevation orientation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: