Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Student Forum >>> Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Spartan Giordano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

Hi,
I recently upgraded to Archicad 14 Student edition (my 1 year license for 13 has expired). In the process I unwittingly deleted the object library for Archicad 13. I didn't realize my projects still were going to rely on it. Is there any way to reinstall the Archicad 13 object library?
Thank you,
Spartan
dhaval7shah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

You can open your 13 files in AC14 and keep working.
You need to Load 'ArchiCAD 13 migration library' from the installed ArchiCAD 14's folder.
(however you can download ArchiCAD 13 library from the net)

Win 10, AMD Opteron 6-Core x 2, 16GB, FirePro W4100 2GB
Spartan Giordano

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

dhaval7shah,
I looked on Graphisoft's site for the Archicad 13 library, but the closest thing I could find was on this page: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/. The Basic library available on it only contains a few samples.
Do you know where it can be downloaded from?
Once I get it, do I use the library manager in AC to import it?
Thank you again,
Spartan
ejrolon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

As Dhaval said you need to add the AC13 Migration Library to your project, it is located in the same place as the AC14 one.

It is not necessary to download the full AC13 library.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Spartan Giordano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

ejrolon,
OK, I went to the library manager and added the Archicad 13 migration library. It seems to only have about 14 objects in its subfolders. I went to object, linked libraries, Archicad 13 migration library. The following subfolders were available:
00 General
11 Equipment 13
12 Furnishings 13
14 Conveying systems 13
22 Plumbing 13
32 Exterior Improvements 13
If I recall correctly, these objects weren't in the original Archicad 13 library.
-Spartan
ejrolon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

In your library you should have loaded the AC13 MIgration Library and AC14 Regular library.

The migration library is for those objects that cannot be updated to the new version. Because of this the Migration library does not contain all of the objects.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Spartan Giordano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

I think we are honing in on the problem here. It looks like the AC 14 library wasn't loaded at all. I'll try re-installing AC 14.
Spartan Giordano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

Ah hah! I got it. All I needed to do was add the AC 14 library to my project that was created with AC 13. The fact that it kept saying that the Archicad 13 library was unavailable, even after adding the AC 13 migration library was a red herring. Thank you all for your ideas, they lead me in the right direction.
-Spartan Giordano
Thomas Holm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

Spartan, thanks for pointing to the ongoing problem of library management when migration between AC versions.

I think, by default, when you for the first time open a project saved in an earlier app version (say AC13) in a later version (say AC14), the later version should by default replace the old version's standard libraries with the new version's plus the old version's migration library.

Warning dialogs, opt-out options apply, of course, but that should be the default. The procedure is far too opaque today.

Spartan Giordano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library Reply with quote

Thomas,
Thank you for your post. I don't feel quite so stupid now.
-Spartan
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Student Forum >>> Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: