Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tablet? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Do you want easier access to the forums on your phone (or tablet)?
Yes, I'd like it to be easier to read the forums on my phone (or tablet)
81%
 81%  [ 31 ]
No, I'm OK with things as they are
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 38

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tablet? Reply with quote

Aaron has been earnestly trying to get a sense for how many of us would like a friendlier interface for reading (and posting) to these forums on our smartphones and tablets, over here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36203

It is actually an easy drop-in script that allows other reader apps to access these forums in a more readable format than a mobile web browser, but that would require some work and maintenance at Graphisoft.

So, as Laszlo suggested a poll, that's what this is: please vote as to whether phone/tablet-enabled access to these forums would be useful to you.

Cheers,
Karl

PS My personal 2 cents is yes, but I'm on here often to moderate things. It is a challenge on my iPhone using Safari - lots of zooming/panning. On my iPad, the Safari web browser window is big enough so there isn't an issue.

The easiest solution, if people want it, as as listed by Aaron in the other thread: a simple script that allows the forum software to work with existing phone apps. The harder solution would be to have a set of formatting style rules (CSS) that recognize mobile browsers.

Aaron Bourgoin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

I'm voting with Karl. He's got cred!
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
~/archiben

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

i see this was way back in june.

just got that pop-up myself and was hoping it would give me a way to get back in to this forum in the limited time i have: when i'm on the road.

alas, no script installed at that end. looks simple, no? mind you, if i do get an opportunity to read this on the road i may find that my "simple" wishes from 2004 haven't quite made it to the evaluation stage either Wink

~/archiben

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Rod Jurich
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Rod Jurich Reply with quote

~/archiben wrote:
/..... give me a way to get back in to this forum /...........

................... G'day stranger, good to see/hear you are back Smile

Achille Pavlidis
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

What happened to this?
Come on guys it's a simple script. Please install it already. I mean if someone prefers the standard browser can always opt for the web version...

Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

Achille Pavlidis wrote:
What happened to this?
Come on guys it's a simple script. Please install it already. I mean if someone prefers the standard browser can always opt for the web version...

+1

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
gkmethy
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

We have enabled the TouchBB script, so you should be able to use the TouchBB app with ArchiCAD-Talk now. We have tinkered with this in the past, but it never worked great. Currently it's functional, but I am getting Timeout errors all the time. It's a little annoying, but it's usable.

Your other option is RSS. I have set up flipboard to load rss feeds. (Just copy the RSS feed's URL in the search box). It works, but it's not my preferred way of accessing the forum.

Any other ideas are welcome!

Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
~/archiben

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

gkmethy wrote:
We have enabled the TouchBB script, so you should be able to use the TouchBB app with ArchiCAD-Talk now. We have tinkered with this in the past, but it never worked great. Currently it's functional, ...

hi greg,

is it still functional? i can't seem to get it to work at all. what do you use as the forum URL? the homepage or the log-in page? if it's still working for you would you be so kind as to ccopy/paste the URL here for me to pick up?

thanks!
b

Aaron Bourgoin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

I'm changing my name. To Rip van Winkle.
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Aaron Bourgoin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tab Reply with quote

I can't get this to work either. fails validation and have tried the URL with and without the http prefix.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Vote:Want better reading for AC-Talk on your phone / tablet? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: