Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Student Forum >>> Urgent help required!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Omnimushu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Urgent help required! Reply with quote

I'm a student who has archicad 11 and can't afford an upgrade at the moment. Someone has sent me some files that have been done in version 12 and I can't open them.

Unfortunately the person who sent the files I can no longer get hold of due to holidays and I need someone who can open the files and save them so they are compatable with 11.

Is anyone able to help?

Kind regards,
Vlada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Urgent help required! Reply with quote

OK,I'm also new to this forum ,but u can download and register archicad15 as a student,so that will probably be a better idea than changing the file.
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Urgent help required! Reply with quote

Omnimushu wrote:
I'm a student who has archicad 11 and can't afford an upgrade at the moment. Someone has sent me some files that have been done in version 12 and I can't open them.

Unfortunately the person who sent the files I can no longer get hold of due to holidays and I need someone who can open the files and save them so they are compatable with 11.

Is anyone able to help?

Kind regards,

I am sorry I would like to help but I have only Full version and that does not open EDU version files.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
ejrolon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Urgent help required! Reply with quote

To be clear the Full Version of AC will open EDU files it just switches to EDU mode while the file is open, it will not convert from one to another or let you copy/paste between them.
Since he is a student he can register at myarchicad.com as a student and a free one year EDU license for 15 once he sends proof of status.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Urgent help required! Reply with quote

I seem to recall that this worked differently a few years ago. FULL and EDU were different versions and different installations.
I am not sure were that changed.
But the Myarchicad.com download is a good idea if he does not need to send back the file to the person he received it from.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Student Forum >>> Urgent help required! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: