Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
74%
 74%  [ 35 ]
Important (4)
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.74 points
Total Votes : 47

TMA_80

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell Reply with quote

I think this is an important step for the morph tool ( if it is aimed to be used as a massing tool )
this feature ( converting faces into construction elements) is present in Revit and was with the old sketchup Plugin for ArchiCAD.

this step was already asked for the shell tool but it makes more sense with the morph tool

TurboGlider
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

You can get volume and surface of a morph, explain more about what you want! A solid morph should act as a wall? Or a single polygon should be able to convert to a wall?
TMA_80

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

TurboGlider wrote:
Or a single polygon should be able to convert to a wall?

More on that side.

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

My addition to the wish:
Not only a single polygon, but basically any curved or double curved surface or any kind of non-regular surface can be converted into Walls, Slabs etc.
It then cannot be modified by the Wall Tool, but you can place Doors and Windows in it and displays and schedules correctly.
If the geometry changes, you update the Wall etc. based on the new shape of the Morph face.
It is based on the premise that you create a building Mass with the Mass Tool, then convert the surfaces of the Mass to Walls, Slabs, Roofs and Curtain Walls. Also, generate Slabs based on the geometry of the Mass at the floor levels of your stories automatically.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995

Last edited by laszlonagy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
archibaldo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Maby TMA_80 was referring not to workarounds but to integrate natively the morph tool into classic construction elements .

First the morph tool must be composite like walls and other construction elements .

This is more useful if you have complex or composite walls and the same sandwich structure into the morph tool structure , they must connect intelligent in 2d like walls do .

Practically the morph volume become a real wall with all attribute but with non standard geometry .

I admit that applying standard wall accessories to a such wall is not possible because his geometry .

Monitor 24 inch HP LP2465
Archicad 8.1 / Win.2003 server enterprise
Sasha Brown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

laszlonagy wrote:
Not only a single polygon, but basically any curved or double curved surface or any kind of non-regular surface can be converted into Walls, Slabs etc.

How?
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Sasha Brown wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:

How?

Sorry, from my reply it was not clear that I was also wishing. I modified my post so it is not ambiguous.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
robharrisonAIA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Exactly! I thought this was a feature in 16 already, but apparently not...Sad

That is, from the webinar that showed the development of the massing model of the library, I thought they converted the morph...

I would like to be able to convert elements (polygons) that I have individually selected to become "roof" or "wall" or whatever elements, as appropriate.

laszlonagy wrote:
My addition to the wish:
It then cannot be modified by the Wall Tool, but you can place Doors and Windows in it and displays and schedules correctly.
If the geometry changes, you update the Wall etc. based on the new shape of the Morph face.
It is based on the premise that you create a building Mass with the Mass Tool, then convert the surfaces of the Mass to Walls, Slabs, Roofs and Curtain Walls. Also, generate Slabs based on the geometry of the Mass at the floor levels of your stories automatically.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
andrejpapesa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Very Happy i am joining to this wish
wastzzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

I would find this useful.
Morph should give the possibility to be used as a "massing" tool, and then be quickly transformed into a wall or curtain wall.
But the guys should rewrite the code behind walls and curtain walls so that won't happen anytime soon.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: