Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
74%
 74%  [ 35 ]
Important (4)
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.74 points
Total Votes : 47

Stewart H

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

New user. Archicad 19 solo.
Where did this wish get to in the years since this thread started?
Is it now possible to convert a morph into a building element such as a wall, beam or column?
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

No, there was no new development in ARCHICAD in this area.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
Stewart H

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Pity. As a beginner it appears that all the work to create morph masses and objects at the beginning of a design project need to be reworked and rebuilt with building elements, walls, roofs etc. Seems very inefficient.
I can import a sketch-up model that is quicker and easier to build so I am wondering why the morph tools got added to Archicad? I hope I am missing something here.
ejrolon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Stewart my experience is that eventually you will be able to model faster in AC than you ever did in SketchUp with all the other benefits that AC has to offer. One of the benefits of having the Morph tool is having the ability to use SKP workflows within AC.
AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
arqrivas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Quote:
Stewart my experience is that eventually you will be able to model faster in AC than you ever did in SketchUp with all the other benefits that AC has to offer. One of the benefits of having the Morph tool is having the ability to use SKP workflows within AC.

I join this wish and I'm 100% agree with you ejrolon, I used Sketchup before I knew Archicad, but as soon as as Knew AC and get used to it a little I realize the advantage I have and stop using sketchup. Now with the morph tool Archicad is even better, but still this wish and a few more things that could be added to the morph tool (like sweep along a path a profile) would make the morph a much better tool.

Stewart H

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

Thank you all for your replies.
I wonder what the typical work flow is using morph. Do you reach a point and then replace the massing morph with walls, slabs roofs etc.? and then delete the original morphs?
Constantin Cozma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

I also think this feature would be much needed. At this moment i think Revit is the only software capable of converting any 3d face into walls. Working with massing at the beginning is essential. Right now the workflow is reversed since you can only convert walls into morph, which is usefull as a design refinement or detailing but not for initial concept. Is it so difficult to rethink the construction elements coding? Right now i guess all of them are based on simple vertical extrusions. Maybe they can just write a new code for the Wall from Morph face, don`t need to re-do whats already done. The resulting wall from morph face does`nt need to be as flexibile as the simple wall but it should be able to receive windows, and to intersect properly with other walls.
Constantin Cozma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/s Reply with quote

This is an important step towards modelling flexibility. Nothing new about it? Please add this feature! If Mesh to Roof is posibile why not morph surface to Walls?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: