Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> get alot of unreadable DWG/DXF drawings
View previous topic :: View next topic
Aussie John

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: get alot of unreadable DWG/DXF drawings Reply with quote

I find a lot of my consultants cant read my DWG created from Plotmaker. They get a general error.
I've turned off hairline and vectorial fills.

At a bit of a loss

Djordje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: get alot of unreadable DWG/DXF drawings Reply with quote

John,

Aussie John wrote:
I find a lot of my consultants cant read my DWG created from Plotmaker. They get a general error.

I had this problem when sending out drawings with lots of fills.

Try the following (to pinpoint the culprit);

- save from plotMaker 3.1 with the XRef option; your consultants can check drawing by drawing

- check the modelspace of the drawings in ArchiCAD; if it loads for ages, then this is a sure sign your fills are too much for AutoCAD, never the one for hatches as they are called there.

Especially if you have symbol fills, that is a killer ...

HTH,

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... currently 20 Win7Pro
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Djordje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: get alot of unreadable DWG/DXF drawings Reply with quote

Djordje wrote:
John,

Aussie John wrote:

///
- save from plotMaker 3.1 with the XRef option; your consultants can check drawing by drawing

Oooops ... just saw you are on 8.0

I did have the same problem in 3.0R2 INT, it was solved in R3.

Workaround: publish the DWGs from ArchiCAD (more intelligence anyway) and just the paper spaces from PM. Then it can be relinked in AutoCAD ...

Some workaround, huh? Crying or Very sad

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... currently 20 Win7Pro
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> get alot of unreadable DWG/DXF drawings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: