Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMX & Oculus Rift Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
archigreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

I love it! THIS is the future Very Happy[/quote]

So cool!

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
ik7jwy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

strawbale wrote:
Here is an Apk file of a project imported into Unity3D, then compiled for Google Cardboard on Android.

HI,
I discovered just a few days ago this interesting thread. I'm moving my first steps in this beatiful world. I'm already able to import a file in Unity3D and to compile it as .apk file for Android. Anyway, in my final apk file I see a black mask around both the view, the left and the right one, in contrast of your apk file. Furthermore, I did not understand how to walk around and inside the model. Anyone can help me, please ?
Thanks
Art
RivaRivo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

ik7jwy wrote:
strawbale wrote:
Here is an Apk file of a project imported into Unity3D, then compiled for Google Cardboard on Android.

HI,
I discovered just a few days ago this interesting thread. I'm moving my first steps in this beatiful world. I'm already able to import a file in Unity3D and to compile it as .apk file for Android. Anyway, in my final apk file I see a black mask around both the view, the left and the right one, in contrast of your apk file. Furthermore, I did not understand how to walk around and inside the model. Anyone can help me, please ?
Thanks
Art

Hi Art,

I guess you have to use external bluetooth gamepad or keyboard.

MacOS X Sierra MacBook Air 11" 1.4GHz dual-core i5 4Gb DDR3 RAM Intel HD Graphics 5000
brendon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

Hello,

has anyone worked out a workflow from BIMx or ArchiCad direct to being able to view with Oculus Rift?

If so are they willing to share the steps.

I have been looking at the unreal engine but not much luck.

Brendon

980GTX 4Mb Video, 3x27'' 4K Dell LCD's

Mac - 10.11
Mac mini 2010
MacBook Pro 2010

AC4.55 - AC19 AUS +Cadimage Tools add-ons +MEP
Cinema 4D 5.3-17 (Studio)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger   
Josh Cuthbertson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

Hey all!

Well we bit the bullet and bought an Oculus Rift package that included a rift ready PC. We went with the Alienware X51. Our sole purpose was exploring our Archicad models with clients.

Needless to say after months of reviewing work flow examples, we had the rift up an running and an Archicad model to explore within a day. It was really easy!

Archicad 18 > Save as .skp or .obj > save file to flash drive.
Moved the flash drive to the Windows PC (We're an all apple office)
Download / install IRISVR (free for now)
Open Iris VR > drag .skp file into Iris VR app

DONE.

It loaded the model and we were able to view / navigate our Archicad model. It brought in all of the correct materials and all. Downside was no lighting, but that can be figured out later. It was really sweet!

We're hiring Archicad users! Email me for details.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) 
stefan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

I read that next version of BIMx would support Google Cardboard. Not the most spectacular solution, but very accessible for e.g. Clients

ArchiCAD Since 6.o - http://bit.ly/17u87df
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

Here is one place where the BIMx + Google Cardboard announcement is mentioned:

https://twitter.com/BIModel1/status/778271774165209088

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
SenecaDesignLLC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

Kind of a quick fix, I found a google cardboard equivalent at walmart for 15 bucks, but its plastic and fits most phones well. I use an app called splashtop streamer, as it has been the best that i have tested so far, to cast my computer screen to my phone. then open a hyper model, select left/Right for stereo mode and bam some very basic VR with bimx.

Its pretty cool other than the left right mode seems to be a little "Narrow" in terms of space.

SenecaDesignLLC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

I found an app called trinusVR lets me control the mouse with head motion, and i can scale the view to make things appear normal in space. super cool. now just a controller with a joystick for the user and we have a very aweseome vr experience
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

The newest BIMx update is now released and it supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMX & Oculus Rift All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: