Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Documentation >>> Zones Length X width Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tom Krowka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

Any way to get the length and width to show up in a V18 zone....automatically based on the actual length and width of the zone.

Seems like it should be pretty easy.....but I don't see it in the parameters and don't know how to program it.

Very valuable for schematics.
Thanks

Tom Krowka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

Any way to get the length and width to show up in a V18 zone....automatically based on the actual length and width of the zone.

Seems like it should be pretty easy.....but I don't see it in the parameters and don't know how to program it.

Very valuable for schematics.
Thanks

Tom Krowka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

Part 2 to the question......any way to make a zone show up on more than one floor? Such as an elevator shaft?
Matt Balaam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

I don't think this is possible because zones don't have to be square/rectangular. As soon as the shape is anything other than a square or rectangle the length and width basically become useless.

If you could find the coordinates of all the corners you could potentially calculate the length and width but I can't see a parameter for this either.

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

No need to post the same question in different parts of the forum.
I have merged the post together here.

As mcjh_matt said zones don't have x and y parameters as they are not necessarily rectangular - although usually they are drawn that way.
It may be possible through GDL but it would mean comparing every node x and y value to get the minimum and maximum values.
The problem with that is that a zone could have any number of nodes.

I just have a room size object that I stretch from one corner to another diagonally and it gives me the length and width of the room.

Maybe the zone stamp could be scripted to have stretchy hotspots and the values could be derived from those.

Since 17 zones can be linked to stories but as far as I know there is now way to display them on multiple storeys even if their height spans across those storeys.

Barry.

hfs55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

This one uses hot spots for length and width
http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/room-schedule.html?m=1

Tom Krowka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

Seems like AC can do just about everything but build the project for you.....but can't do that simple X and Y information. Also seems like if someone can figure out how to do it with the simple object you refer to then AC could figure it out also.

Sorry for the sour grapes, but the zone tool could be great for schematics if it could include these two features. Otherwise I'm duplicating work.

vistasp
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

hfs55 wrote:
This one uses hot spots for length and width
http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/room-schedule.html?m=1

I'd made this object in AC13 so it's been a while but I think there are some bugs in it. You need to stretch the diagonal hotspots for the object to read the room dimensions. There's another one in the depository as well--can't remember the name--that does a similar job.

http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
http://www.btsquarepeg.com

| AC 9-21 INT | Win10 | i7 4770 | 16 GB | Quadro K620 |

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Tom Krowka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

Thanks, will check it out. But ideally, would like to have this abililty with the AC 18 zone tags as they have a lot of good functionality.

Tom

hfs55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Zones Length X width Reply with quote

Hi Vistaps
I thought so too but couldn't find anything.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Documentation >>> Zones Length X width All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: