Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Report a bug
View previous topic :: View next topic
filipp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Report a bug Reply with quote

The "Report a bug" link in the forum header goes to the "Where to buy" page on Graphisoft's page. Not sure about others, but doesn't exactly work as expected....
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

Yes, it goes to that page because that page contains the list of Graphisoft distributors and resellers.
One can find the reseller for their area and report the bug to them.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
filipp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

OK. I noticed this had already been reported here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=43706
carisplay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

It would be most efficient if there were a place that listed known bugs so you don't have to waste time reporting the same bug tons of others have reported...
USA

Last edited by carisplay on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

There is such a place, but it is the internal bug tracking database of Graphisoft so I don't think that is something that will be opened to anyone outside of Graphisoft. Wink

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
carisplay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

Hmmm, I think we have a different view of "bug"... I'm talking about all the weird things that happen that don't crash the program...

like the height and home offset menu flakiness in the object info box... or the way you can only rename the elevations in the properties bar at the bottom of the project map because changing the name in the elevation settings or in the dialogue that you get by clicking the settings button below the properties bar (another way to get the elevation settings), doesn't stick... it reverts back to the name you didn't want.... I could go on... like the interior elevations ignore walls that are perpendicular to the view...

but you get the point... "things that got broke when they fixed it" :)

USA
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

Every issue is entered and tracked in the same database.
The issues are then categorized based on what kind of issue they are.
They can be interface problems, incorrect functionalities, bugs, crashes, etc.
But that is for the internal use of Graphisoft.
Imagine what havoc it could wreck when thousands of users got access to that database and they would enter incorrect, poorly categorized, not properly documented issues into the database.
So I don't think the current workflow of "report to your reseller and they will report it to Graphisoft through the correct channels" will change.

ArchiCAD-Talk is another channel for reporting, I will bring any issue raised here to Graphisoft for their investigation.

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
carisplay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

Quote:
Imagine what havoc it could wreck when thousands of users got access to that database

I wouldn't dream of that... couldn't agree more, but it would be nice to have access to a list so we would know if the behavior we are seeing is something locally induced or just something you've got to work around... and if they do know what causes the issue...

Lately, I think there has been a convergence of situations and issues for our office, so I may be hyper sensitive... :) Rest assured, they are on it and we'll figure out what the problem is... we already have a list of suspicious actors in the way of other third party software providers...

USA
Aaron Bourgoin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

this is an issue that needs attention. In North America anyway, there needs to be an input point for bugs reported from outside the GS universe.

If I have a bug to report, do you think I'm going to be happy seeing an add for buying more ArchiCAD?

View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Report a bug Reply with quote

I think the best would be for either of you to create a wish for this (having a list of known bugs published somewhere for users to know). Then people can vote so we can see how much it is considered needed/is supported.
Then I can send it to Graphisoft as an official wish from the community if it has high support.

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Report a bug All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: