Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Sustainable Architecture >>> Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nathan Brauer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck Reply with quote

Now that I've got an energy evaluation (though I'm not really sure what its really telling me) I'm interested in efficiently completing my DOB required REScheck for my project.

REScheck wants each component input, showing area, orientation, R value in their own online webform.

Is there a means of exporting directly from Archicad to REScheck/COMcheck?

https://energycode.pnl.gov/REScheckWeb/index.html

Thanks.

Mac Pro (upgraded mid 2010 model)
2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
40 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.4 (11G63)
Red

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck Reply with quote

I was just researching this as well. I was hoping to find a way to export from AC into ResCheck.

i7 4770k
Sabertooth Z87 MoBo
16gb 1866 RAM
128gb SSD for ArchiCAD 6.5r thru 21
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Steve Jepson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck Reply with quote

https://www.energycodes.gov/rescheck/

It should be possible to extract then necessary data in to a schedule that would at least be helpful in filling out the REScheck forms.

https://www.energycodes.gov/images/states-can-use-rescheck-show-compliance

Where I live there in Oregon the REScheck evaluation is no longer valid.

Like all so-called "Green" industries and "Sustainable" programs, they are more about finding ways to extort money from us than to promote efficiency. The goal is not efficiency and economy, it is all about setting up their organization or government program so that you can not do business with out capitulating to their extortion.
There is perhaps no better example of this than "LEED" http://www.usgbc.org/leed

This is like a hybrid multi-level marketing scam masquerading as some sort of ecologically beneficial organization. It is the exact opposite.

What counts is the efficiency of the building, not how may buffoons you had to pay to endorse it.

ArchiCAD 21 4022-1.2 USA FULL
Windows 10 Pro 64x
Dell 7720 (Dellilah) 64 GB 2400MHz ECC
Xeon E3-1535M v6, 4.20GHz
(2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's
17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160)
Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5
DesignEngineerBIM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck Reply with quote

Steve Jepson wrote:

...What counts is the efficiency of the building, not how may buffoons you had to pay to endorse it.

I couldn't agree more.. years ago you might have got away with this marketing/scam
Now days the codes/standards are very flexible with Compliance and Non-Compliance( and require professional licencing). e.g take structural design you have choices in the codes/standards on how to extract/use data..its all up to the engineer...They are licensed and trusted to deal with BIM Data.
Social media (Forums,Google+/Facebook), BIM, Optimized Data by apps can be delivered with precision..exciting times ahead for real engineers and contractors (who incidentally are all licensed not so designers)
Examples here

https://plus.google.com/u/2/communities/115195196112205285216

HTH

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Sustainable Architecture >>> Energy Evaluation to REScheck/COMcheck All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: