Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Can not upload images
View previous topic :: View next topic
cortasia

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Can not upload images Reply with quote

I am trying to upload an image to my post, though I can not upload anything. I have tried multiple file types, reducing the size, though nothing is uploading. Is there any tricks I need to be aware of..?
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Can not upload images Reply with quote

These are the allowed file types and sizes.

I use a screen capture program for images and save them as JPG.
This creates a file small enough to attach.
Saving as a JPG directly from a program can create a file that is much too large.

Barry.

allowed_ext_size.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.72 KB
 Viewed:  252 Time(s)

allowed_ext_size.jpg

cortasia

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Can not upload images Reply with quote

Cheers Barry!
I am using Screen Grab in OSX to a jpg. And it is only coming to 52kb so a very low file size. I will keep experimenting!

Barry Kelly wrote:
These are the allowed file types and sizes.

I use a screen capture program for images and save them as JPG.
This creates a file small enough to attach.
Saving as a JPG directly from a program can create a file that is much too large.

Barry.
David Maudlin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Can not upload images Reply with quote

cortasia wrote:
I am using Screen Grab in OSX to a jpg. And it is only coming to 52kb so a very low file size. I will keep experimenting!

After capturing with Grab, copy, then open Preview and use File > New from Clipboard. You can crop the image, then save as .png. I have not had a problem attaching images created this way.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

AC21 USA+MEP iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram OSX10.10.5
cortasia

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Can not upload images Reply with quote

Cheers! Though I actually tried .png before I switched to a .jpg. You could understand the frustration you can get from a simple task..Very Happy

David Maudlin wrote:
cortasia wrote:

After capturing with Grab, copy, then open Preview and use File > New from Clipboard. You can crop the image, then save as .png. I have not had a problem attaching images created this way.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Ivy Chenier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Can not upload images Reply with quote

i've been experiencing same issue, Thanks for this post. Smile
Stress Co.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Can not upload images Reply with quote

I find it's quicker/easier using "Command + Shift + 4" (in lieu of "Grab").

Keyboard shortcut for screen shots

Mac OS 10.11.5
Processor: 3.4 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
ArchiCAD 20 (4012 USA Full)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Can not upload images All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: