Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

For some time now I have noticed that when I make a posting, I am notified only of the first answering post.
We used to be then automatically notified of subsequent postings. Was there a new setting installed so that I don't have to also click on "following topic" to get the rest of the posts?

Probably in front of my face, but I can't see it. Sad
thanks

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Dave Jochum
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

I'm sometimes not even getting noticed of the first reply. Setting controls don't seem to have changed. Appears to be a glitch.
MBP 15" Retina+30" 2nd monitor•16GB•SSD•OS X 10.12.6•AC 21 (latest build)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Thanks Dave,
Nice to know it is not just me.

It will be interesting to see how many subsequent postings each of us is notified of...

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Dave Jochum
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Just for the record, it's now one month since my previous post on this issue. I am still only getting a notice for the first reply. Subsequent replies go un-noticed. Any improvement for you, Erika? Sad
MBP 15" Retina+30" 2nd monitor•16GB•SSD•OS X 10.12.6•AC 21 (latest build)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Nope,
but I was told once that silence is golden.

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

GSHQfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Dear Erika and Dave,

Please contact with your service provider! You are the only one who reported this problem and using the same service provider (earthlink). They might be using a spam guard software that puts the topic notification mails into quarantine.

Regards,
Peter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website SKYPE ID Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Peter,
If that were true, than why do we even get the first notification?
Regards,

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

GSHQfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Erika Epstein wrote:
Peter,
If that were true, than why do we even get the first notification?
Regards,

Erika,

Please check this one:
http://www.google.co.hu/search?q=cache:RXWnl7GJYLwJ:www.phpbb.com/bugs/bug.php%3Fop%3Ddelcom%26bugid%3D1580%26commentid%3D2501+%22topic+notification%22+phpbb+earthlink&hl=hu&client=firefox-a

When you first get the mail, you are the first in the thread who requested this service (your mail address will be in the To field). When someone else also set topic notification to the same thread the forum automatically send the mails for you with empty "To" field and put all users' mail address into the BCC field (to keep your mail address secure).

BTW, I will check the code and try to put a dummy user into the "TO" field in these cases.

But the guilty is still your provider...

Peter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website SKYPE ID Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Peter,
I am afraid I don't quite understand your answer.
I did check with Dave and we each use a different security setting level; medium and hi.

I have used earthlink longer than architalk and archicad.
Are Dave & I the only ones on architalk that use earthlink?
Do other earthlink users have this problem? If not what are there settings.

Please remember, this was not always a problem. Up until last fall, I used to get all the replies, not just the next one. Same for Dave.

Thanks,
Erika

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Link

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent Reply with quote

Erika

If I understand Peter correctly, it is Earthlink that must have changed their settings lately. It has nothing to do with your security settings, as it is part of their spam blocker protection that happens before it even gets to you. This is Earthlink 'helping' you. Could be worse, you could be on AOL. Shocked

Cheers,
Link.

Boost your ARCHICAD skill with your very own ARCHICAD Expert! ArchiBOOST!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> responses are now only to the first post, not subsequent All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: