Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
toofuerte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

We recently started using the AC 20 and the esc key is not working to deselect or cancel actions. In other threads they talk about Photoshop or other program causing issues, or restart computer or just AC. However AC 19 works fine. The problem is intermittent every once and a while it does work.
i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB Ram
AC 19 - AC 20
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger   LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
ejrolon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

It works here.
If you migrated your W/E from 19 try using one of the predefined ones to check.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
toofuerte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

I tried resetting my w/e to default and still have the problem.

Thank You!

AC 19 - AC 20
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger   LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
clifton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

I did not import my work environment (I never do because of problems like this), but am still have the problem of the escape key not functioning to cancel commands or deselect objects.

It is VERY frustrating trying to work like this. I use the escape key a lot.

Intel Core i7-2600
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

The ESC shortcut is non-customisable so it shouldn't be affected by the Work Environment.

It is working fine for me but I only have the pre-release version and Windows 7.

I would be guessing there is some other program (or a Windows setting - but I have no idea what) that is blocking the ESC key.
Does it work in other programs.
Do you have an older version of Archicad - is it only 20 that has the problem?
If so then I would be guessing it is an Archicad 20 issue.
Can you start Windows in safe mode and then run Archicad to see if it works then?

Barry.

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

I once was convinced software was giving problems with my CTRL key, even convinced it was only occurring in that software, turned out the keyboard was breaking up after 10+ years of use.

Just saying, don't rule out hardware failure Smile

If you have a spare keyboard laying about, try that for half a day.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
clifton

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

Barry Kelly wrote:
The ESC shortcut is non-customisable so it shouldn't be affected by the Work Environment.

It is working fine for me but I only have the pre-release version and Windows 7.

I would be guessing there is some other program (or a Windows setting - but I have no idea what) that is blocking the ESC key.
Does it work in other programs.
Do you have an older version of Archicad - is it only 20 that has the problem?
If so then I would be guessing it is an Archicad 20 issue.
Can you start Windows in safe mode and then run Archicad to see if it works then?

Barry.

I replaced my keyboard about a month ago, because I do admittedly wear out my escape key and space bar. Same with my mouse, I wear out the scroll wheel and have to replace it every 4 to 6 months.

However, I just ran a test and it works in every other program, including older versions of ArchiCAD. It works to close an email in Outlook. It works to deselect in AutoCAD. It works to deselect / cancel in Archicad 18 & 19.

The problem is just ArchiCAD 20.

Thanks for your troubleshooting help, but this seems to be a problem with ArchiCAD or a compatibility problem with ArchiCAD 20 and ... something else. But not with any other program on my computer that uses the escape key.

Intel Core i7-2600
Stephen Dolbee
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

So far, it looks like only those on Windows 10 are affected.
toofuerte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

Hopefully we can get some help from Graphisoft with fixing the problem. I do see that the only ones who are having thee problem are those using Win 10 and AC 20.
We have tried the things suggested to try and find the issue. In an old thread people had problems with Photoshop hijacking the escape key, however I haven't had it open and have restarted several times since I had it open. the other thing is we have other people in the same office that have the same thing and they are set up similar to me, Win 10 and AC 20.

Thanks all for the help, hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

AC 19 - AC 20
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 Reply with quote

Not a solution... but does shift-Esc work for you as a temporary workaround?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> ESCAPE "ESC" KEY NOT WORKING IN AC 20 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: