Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMx still ahead of the game?
View previous topic :: View next topic
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: BIMx still ahead of the game? Reply with quote

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.bimplus.co.uk/technology/autodesk-launc3hes-in7stant-bim-3d-inte8ractive/

Gerald Hoffman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: BIMx still ahead of the game? Reply with quote

Lets hope this is taken as a challenge by Graphisoft. I particularly like the lighting and sun study feature. I am jealous now.

Cheers,

"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC

(AC 21-4022) CadImage Suite
MacBook Pro OS X 10.12.3 - 2.5 Ghz i7, 16 GB RAM + 27" Apple Display
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: BIMx still ahead of the game? Reply with quote

Some competition might be the stimulus GS need to get BIMx working uniformly across all platforms.

I do like the opening door feature, feels really wierd walking through doors in BIMx, but having tried to navigate a small room with the door open there can be down sides unless it closes once you enter the room.

A bit of pressure in the VR department might also be a good thing, there is an inevitability to it.

rob2218

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: BIMx still ahead of the game? Reply with quote

I just got my Google Cardboard to load up with BIMx and I have to say...it's definitely the way to go.
Totally immersive and feels odd to think that you actually move out of the way when you walk too close to the edges of slabs or when you get to close to the walls. Kinda neat and freaky all at the same time.

It's amazing, going to take the cardboard box to my Christmas family reunion this year and let them wonder around the models I've constructed...............should be fun.

SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad17, Archicad 18
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMx still ahead of the game? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: