Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
SenecaDesignLLC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

My very large file now works once i copied and pasted it into a new template file. no lag tons of polygons, archicad is life!!!
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

Hans Roest wrote:

Default model works fine, this is exactly what we have been waiting for!
Whenever I upload a BIMx hypermodel of my own and enter the VR mode the dual viewports just freeze up. It works for one second, and then freezes.
Sucks because it seems to be model-related (demo model works). Any help here?

Hi Hans,

Thank you for notifying about this issue, we were finally able to reproduce this strange freeze effect on certain Android devices and immediately jumped into the investigation to find its root cause and to debug.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on it!

Regards,
Gyuri & the BIMx Team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
rob2218

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

So...can anyone list a "step-by-step" on how exactly to get a BIMx model format into that Google Cardboard app?

I've looked at the video on the app but nowhere does it show "HOW" to bring the BIMx model into that Google Cardboard app?

SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad17, Archicad 18
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
rob2218

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

nevermind...I'm a moron.
thanks GS. Cant' wait to get my BIMx Google Cardboard viewer to test out my bimx model.

SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad17, Archicad 18
Greg Dobrzelewski

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

Where can the BIMx Google Cardboard viewer be ordered / purchased? I am interested in the one shown in the video which has the BIMx logo on it.

Thanks - Greg

rob2218

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

I ordered one somewhere off the Google Cardboard video but it would be nice to have that one that shows the "BIMx" all over the front of it.
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad17, Archicad 18
SenecaDesignLLC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

I went and bought like 15 headsets with Bluetooth controllers and then slapped my logo on the front 😀
Wokka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

Gyuri Nyitrai wrote:
Hans Roest wrote:

Whenever I upload a BIMx hypermodel of my own and enter the VR mode the dual viewports just freeze up. It works for one second, and then freezes.

Hi Hans,

Thank you for notifying about this issue, we were finally able to reproduce this strange freeze effect on certain Android devices and immediately jumped into the investigation to find its root cause and to debug.

Regards,
Gyuri & the BIMx Team

Same but different. Samsung Note 5 Opens fine as normal Bimx, freezes on opening cardboard VR for R18 models. R20 are the same as above, freeze with dual view on opening. Disappointing.. Likewise demo model works well.

www.3de.com.au

> Windows 7 Pro 64bit
> i7 CPU 920-2.67Ghz
> 6GB RAM
> ATI Radeon HD 5700

>ArchiCad 4.55>20 AUS
>Cinema 4D R18
>VRAYforC4D R1.9
SenecaDesignLLC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

Wokka wrote:
Gyuri Nyitrai wrote:
Hans Roest wrote:

Hi Hans,

Regards,
Gyuri & the BIMx Team

Same but different. Samsung Note 5 Opens fine as normal Bimx, freezes on opening cardboard VR for R18 models. R20 are the same as above, freeze with dual view on opening. Disappointing.. Likewise demo model works well.

until they fix the bug, what has worked for me is this: I make a new file just for the 3d model for cardboard. i copy and past the 3d model into the new file and then create the bimx. thus far every model has worked flawlessly once this is done. i have only tested using v20

Dennis Lee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones Reply with quote

The google cardboard works fine for me on my phone, but after I got the new Daydream VR from google and connected my phone to it, it doesn't work anymore. Is there a way for the BimX to work in the Daydream VR headset with its remote?

Intel Core i7-4790 32GB Windows 10 x64
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Since ArchiCAD 9
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: