Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> SLOW DOWN
View previous topic :: View next topic
Llian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: SLOW DOWN Reply with quote

I got linked up with another user with a teamwork project. All look good but it slows down when working on the file even though the file is release all to me. For example, when I add a word to the end of the measured value, the word comes out letter by letter.....does anyone has a solution?
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.12.1| BUILD 4020 | i7 Intel Core| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
NCornia
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SLOW DOWN Reply with quote

Hi Lilian,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It is not a commonly reported issue in my territory (USA/Canada). And because Teamwork uses local caches, it should only be that your edits are on your local copy until you Send & Receive. Some tests I suggest:

- Try it in Solo mode - Open the project; go to File>Save As... Format: ARCHICAD Solo Project (PLN); Open the PLN copy and see if the behavior is the same.

- Try a second Teamwork file - Open an empty file (maybe with one of the default templates that ship with ARCHICAD) and just Share the empty file to the BIM Server; test to see if the behavior occurs in this new copy.

The goal of the above tests is to isolate whether the problem is specific to one project or not.

TEXT / FONT
Since you mention the problem happens with Text, I wonder which Font is being used. ARCHICAD uses the fonts on your operating system. Arial is the default in ARCHICAD since it is clean, modern and universal on Mac and Windows. What happens is Arial is used versus any other font?

Best regards,

Follow us on Twitter
Graphisoft HelpCenter
Llian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: SLOW DOWN Reply with quote

Thanks Nicholas.
The 'slow-down' issue seems to have resolved after I work offline.

AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.12.1| BUILD 4020 | i7 Intel Core| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Teamwork / BIM Server >>> SLOW DOWN All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: