Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Computer performance
View previous topic :: View next topic
KeesW
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Computer performance Reply with quote

Is there a way of comparing the performance of different computers and hardware for Archicad? There used to be a standard model that was used to test this. Not really all that important except for those who spend a fortune on hardware (e.g. a new multicore Apply) and want to check if they got value for money. I'd like to know if the use of CAD dedicated graphic cards really makes a difference, or what improvements operating systems have made to the performance of Archicad, and how much the speed AC versions has improved, A bit like drag races!
Laptop: Archicad 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Win10 64 Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB NVidia GT 540M
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Computer performance Reply with quote

You might find someone more tech savvy over on the forums at http://www.tomshardware.com/ who can give you some advice about which components will get you the most improvement.

There is a little information here as well: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/setup/hardware-compatibility/recommended-hardware-for-graphisoft-products/

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Vahur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Computer performance Reply with quote

KeesW wrote:
I'd like to know if the use of CAD dedicated graphic cards really makes a difference

There is only huge price difference. For ArchiCAD 500 worth gaming card is much better comparing to 500 pro card.
As for CPU - more cores = faster rendering.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Computer performance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: