Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Story settings + renovation filters Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Important (4)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Average: 4.00 points
Total Votes : 11

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Story settings + renovation filters Reply with quote

What happens if you just adjust the 'height to next' of your storeys so the original ones above the inserted story(s) stay the same?

For example you have storey 1 with height to next of 3000 (sorry metric) and storey 2 - also with height to next of 3000 (but this is irrelevant for the top storey).

Now you want to insert a mezzanine level at 1500.
So do that and adjust the height to next for storey 1 to 1500 and set the height to next for mezzanine to 1500.
Storey 2 remains at its original height of 3000.

Remember you are setting the 'height to next' storey and not the usable height of the storey. Your elements are not restricted to this height.

Or do I misunderstand what you are trying to do?
I very rarely have anything to do with renovations or inserted stories.

Barry.

pitrak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Story settings + renovation filters Reply with quote

Barry, that's interesting, I had no idea you could insert a story while maintaining the relations of the other stories.

That's not only relevant for adding a mezzanine. I've had a couple of projects where one or more floors were demolished and new floors were added at other levels. To make a 3 story house of an older structure with high ceiling, or to lower all the floors in order to create extra space under the roof. In such a case all the new floor levels are different from the existing ones.

But apparently you can just add stories in between and all the existing elements remain linked to their original story. So if you add a story between 1 and 2, 2 becomes 3 and walls on 1 are now top linked to story number 3!

The only disadvantage I see is that the exisiting and new plans will relate to different stories, meaning you some extra layout work to do, but that's not a big problem.

I will give it a try if I have another project like that, but from a first quick test, it seems to solve the problem. So thanks a lot for the suggestion!

stories renovation.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.86 KB
 Viewed:  19 Time(s)

stories renovation.JPG

GTX 1070 - 2560x1440 32"
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Story settings + renovation filters Reply with quote

pitrak wrote:

I will give it a try if I have another project like that, but from a first quick test, it seems to solve the problem. So thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Excellent.
I am glad this seems to have helped.

Barry.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Story settings + renovation filters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: