Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> IFC | "Classification Reference" field in Archicad 21 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
daviddelven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: IFC | "Classification Reference" field in Arch Reply with quote

Good morning!

Has anyone managed how to mapping into a Custom PSet some sort code from the standard field ifcClassificationReference ?

It turns out that most IFC viewers (except Solibri) do not allow the filtering of the model through the classification field of the IFC standard, so there's no other option than to use custom PSet. In AC21 they have chosen that way, the one of the PSet customised to include the classification field, but without solving its synchronisation with the defining standard field with its Predefined Rules.

Some ideas, avoiding to use another additional XML with the new Classification Manager ?

IFC scheme has its own field to place this information, regardless market IFC viewers don't allow us to use it properly.

classification-mapping-CustomPSET.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.73 KB
 Viewed:  19 Time(s)

classification-mapping-CustomPSET.JPG

Dual Monitor 19"+21" (1440x900), AMD Radeon HD 5450
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC21 INT (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with ARCHICAD since 2013
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
daviddelven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: IFC | "Classification Reference" field in Arch Reply with quote

After some tests... I got a result.
Thanks Stefan for your suggestion of using IFC Type Mapper in the IFC Translator. Although I had to edit choose a "DATA CONVERSION" option to allow exporting "Classification as ifcClassificationReference".

The only thing I still don't get it is to automate without user action, the "classification" info box option, switching on the desired classification system to be exported on each element.

I would like to avoid "dumb users" , who sometimes don't use "favorite tool" for modelling, not to do any action to classificate.

Any suggestion to automate this final "step" ?

class as ifcclassRef - DDV.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.63 KB
 Viewed:  12 Time(s)

class as ifcclassRef - DDV.JPG

Dual Monitor 19"+21" (1440x900), AMD Radeon HD 5450
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC21 INT (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with ARCHICAD since 2013
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> IFC | "Classification Reference" field in Archicad 21 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: