Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> I wish area fills could have integrated dimensions
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Essential (5)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Essential (5)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Important (4)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Important (4)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Important (4)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: N/A
Total Votes : 3

Gus

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: I wish area fills could have integrated dimensions Reply with quote

I wish area fills could have integrated dimensions. There wouldn't need to be dimension strings (although that would be even better in a big way!). Instead, fills could just have the feet and inches noted in the center of the edge that it corresponds to. If there were curved edges it could list the radius of the curve, and the dimension from one end of the curve to the other in a straight line, and also in "length of the line." It would be great if we could see the dimension numbers changing as we moved the nodes of the shapes around. This goes for the area numbers as well. How cool would it be to know the exact square footage of your project as you were laying out it's footprint in real time so that you stay on your target numbers from the very beginning and throughout the design process!.?

Also, if this can be done. It would be nice to have the same feature (which can be toggled on and off as needed) for slabs and walls.

Now that I think of it. Why isn't there the option to show the dimension strings of every object and element we place so that we don't have to lay these dimension strings during or after the design process? We would probably adjust their placement at the end when we were trying to create quality drawing sets, but until then all the data can be right there for us. Of course, we can toggle that data on and off as needed, so the extra numbers wouldn't get in the way if we didn't want them to.

EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: I wish area fills could have integrated dimensions Reply with quote

I am not sure if you are aware but if you have your tracker turned on, you select node of a slab or fil and start to drag it, then hover over any other node and press SHIFT + ALT it will sett the user origin to that point and that is where you will be measuring from.
Then just type the distance (and/or angle) that you want to move.

Walls automatically measure from the other end.

Not exactly your wish but it is a little something.

Barry.

PS I deleted the duplicate post.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> I wish area fills could have integrated dimensions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: