Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> AC20 Booksetting problem
View previous topic :: View next topic
kp88_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: AC20 Booksetting problem Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Have been having some issues with booksetting on AC20 on a teamwork file and was wondering whether anyone could help.

Whenever I try to access the booksetting a blank grey screen pops up with all the tabs collapsed to the bottom of the screen. When I try to do anything further Archicad crashes This issue is isolated to only one of my files and doesn't seem to effect any other project files, so I don't think it's got to do with the hardware or the software. Something got to do with this specific file.

I tried opening up an archived file and booksetting works fine. So I am not too sure whether it's something I have done on the file since that's causing this problem. I could always go back to the archived file but I would lose 3 days of work.

Has anyone faced a similar problem?

I am on MacOS Sierra and both Archicad and MacOS are up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 1.57.19 pm copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.54 KB
 Viewed:  37 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 1.57.19 pm copy.jpg

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: AC20 Booksetting problem Reply with quote

I have not seen this before but create a copy of your file so it doesn't matter if you destroy it.
Delete some or all of the layouts and masters (especially any you created in the last few days) and see if that makes any difference.

You may have to redo some or all of the layouts again but at least you will have the full model (if it woks).

Barry.

kp88_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: AC20 Booksetting problem Reply with quote

Barry Kelly wrote:
I have not seen this before but create a copy of your file so it doesn't matter if you destroy it.
Delete some or all of the layouts and masters (especially any you created in the last few days) and see if that makes any difference.

You may have to redo some or all of the layouts again but at least you will have the full model (if it woks).

Barry.

Thanks Barry, I tried what you suggested by saving off a copy on my desktop and through process of elimination I started deleting off layouts, masters and other elements but still no luck, same issue.

Just to test it out further, I tried deleting ALL layouts and masters as well as all view settings, and this fixed the issue. So my assumption is there's something in the the above settings that's causing the issue.

Hoping to find someone who had a similar problem and found a solution for it.

Thanks.
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: AC20 Booksetting problem Reply with quote

Maybe the data structure of the file has become correputed in some way.
You might want to send this to GRAPHISOFT for investigation, because if they have such a file, they may be able to figure out what to do to prevent such things from happening in the future.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
jonofernandes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: AC20 Booksetting problem Reply with quote

I had this problem on Archicad 20 Teamwork on Windows.

The solution I found online was to save the Teamwork file as a PLN, shut it down and then "Open & Repair selected file". You find this when you browse for a solo project when you start Archicad.

Hope this helps..

Archicad 20. 5025 USA
Windows 10.
kp88_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: AC20 Booksetting problem Reply with quote

jonofernandes wrote:
I had this problem on Archicad 20 Teamwork on Windows.

The solution I found online was to save the Teamwork file as a PLN, shut it down and then "Open & Repair selected file". You find this when you browse for a solo project when you start Archicad.

Hope this helps..

Thank you! This solved the issue.

I have also sent the file to Graphisoft for investigation.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> AC20 Booksetting problem All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: