Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Relative Zones in Schedules
View previous topic :: View next topic
TracyGA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Relative Zones in Schedules Reply with quote

I am working on Appliance and Plumbing Schedules. I would like to list the objects by the room zone that they are in. In my model I have zones for each room, but I also have some overall zones in the same areas on hidden layers. My schedule is not selecting the correct zone for some objects. Is there a way to tell it to ignore some zones? I have them on hidden layers, but the schedule still finds them.
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Relative Zones in Schedules Reply with quote

Overlapping zones can be a problem and are best to avoid if you can.

Check the view settings of the schedule (in the view map and not the project map).
Here a layer combination is saved in the settings.
Is it the correct one that hides the layers of the zones you don't want.

You don't say what version of Archicad you are using but fortunately in version 20 you can simply edit the layer combination in the view settings.
In earlier versions you can't and will have to re-create the view with the correct layer combination again.

If that is not the solution then I think it is just a problem with overlapping zones and the objects can't determine which one they are associated to.

Barry.

TracyGA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Relative Zones in Schedules Reply with quote

Barry, thank you for your reply. I am using ArchiCAD 21 and I tried everything I could think of to get the zones to not reference incorrectly (IE changing layer combinations, renovation settings, etc). Nothing worked. I ended up having to mov the problematic zones off to the side. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it did fix the problem. I realize that having zones overlap may not be the best option, but there are different things that need to be measured in a project, so you'd think they would have a way to select which zones you want to be referenced. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Relative Zones in Schedules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: