Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Save as ArchiCAD as an IFC format Error Message
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kamelya Kerum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Save as ArchiCAD as an IFC format Error Message Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am an absolute beginner with ArchiCAD. I have been trying to save as an ArchiCAD model as an IFC file but I couldn't manage to do so neither export an IFC file nor import an IFC file generated from Revit, and I need it urgently as I need to complete my dissertation about BIM Software Interoperability. I will be extremely grateful if you could help me to figure out where I am doing wrong.

Untitled01.jpg
 Description:
ArchiCAD Export/Import Error
 Filesize:  195.01 KB
 Viewed:  36 Time(s)

Untitled01.jpg

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Save as ArchiCAD as an IFC format Error Message Reply with quote

Press the "Change" button and save somewhere else - i.e. your local hard drive - and make sure the file path is not to long.

That seems to be the obvious answer.

Are you simply trying to "Save As" from your plan and changing the file type to IFC?
Have you tried different translators?
At what step in the process are you getting this message?

Barry.

Kamelya Kerum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Save as ArchiCAD as an IFC format Error Message Reply with quote

Dear Barry,

Thanks a lot for your response, I have been trying to save it into another folder but again the same error message. I have tried all the available translators but I couldn't manage to simply save it as an IFC file. I am unable to import an IFC file into ArchiCAD too the same error message. once I manage to save it as an IFC I will commence my testing.
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Save as ArchiCAD as an IFC format Error Message Reply with quote

I am out of ideas sorry.

I have no trouble just saving as an IFC file but I have the full version and not the educational version.
So I am not sure if it is a limitation of the EDU version but as far as I know EDU should have full functionality.
Also I have no idea what the EDM folder path could be - I wonder if that is related to the EDU version as well or is something else you have in the model?

Open an empty template, add a couple of walls and save that as an IFC to see if that works.
If it does then there is something strange in your file.
If not then back to square one.

Barry.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Save as ArchiCAD as an IFC format Error Message All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: